Subspace/Continuum: Hockey Zone

Weeze19

Aug 8, 2009
Hey everyone,

SSCE Hockey Zone, one of the oldest servers available on the online game Subspace/Continuum (whatever you want to call it), is just about to start the 16th season of the Realistic Subspace Hockey League (RSHL).

If you've never played SS/Continuum, it's basically an online space shooter in the same spirit as Asteroids, with improved graphics and gameplay. Hockey Zone is a mod of this game that turns it into a fast-paced game of hockey. Players can choose one of 8 ship types (6 player ships and 2 goalie ships, each with its own advantages and disadvantages), join an RSHL team, and battle it out for the Blackie Cup (named for one of the original employees of VIE, the company that made Subspace), the oldest and most prestigious trophy in the history of online pseudo-sports. The first Blackie Cup was awarded 11 years ago, in 1998.

Anyway, the game is really fun, and really looking for new players. Subspace is one of the oldest games on the internet, and HZ is so fun that it's still around today. So hopefully we'll see you there. There are plenty of teams with roster openings and plenty of time to sharpen your skills before the season starts.

Resources:

http://www.getcontinuum.com - Go here to download the Continuum game client, which you will need to play HZ.
http://www.rshl.org - Center Ice: The Official Site of the RSHL. Go here for all news and info regarding the zone and the league.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IptcWtztLB8 - Video advertising Hockey Zone and featuring some gameplay footage (please disregard gay anime music)

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Wow, I remember the days of Subspace and Infantry..good games.

Weeze19

Aug 8, 2009
Originally posted by: Auryg
Wow, I remember the days of Subspace and Infantry..good games.

Really? You should come out of retirement and play some Hockey Zone!

nikkai

Jan 28, 2002
I played subspace AND cosmic rift to death while they were free.

Then they started charging. Oh the fun of bored NEG killing... =D

Appledrop

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2004
i actually thought of reinstalling this earlier, but forgot
your post remind me to download it ill go play now =]

Ayrahvon

Aug 7, 2007
I still frequent Trench Wars which is another zone, used to play Hockey Zone back in the day and they are both loads of fun and completely free! Really this game just doesn't seem to get old for me.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: nikkai
I played subspace AND cosmic rift to death while they were free.

Then they started charging. Oh the fun of bored NEG killing... =D

Subspace was pay2play for like a month in the mid 90's...

as for cosmic rift... well I spit on CR.

Premier League FTW.

Weeze19

Aug 8, 2009
I invite you all to come back and play some hockey zone. We've added some interesting new features for the upcoming season, such as the ability to shoot a slapshot and make a drop pass.