• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Subscription Windows, you knew it was coming, now it's here! (Windows365)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Streaming Windows in a web browser isn't quite 'Windows is now on a rent basis'.

Once again though, MS comes up with horrible naming schemes, because 'Windows 365' very much suggests that Windows is moving to a rental system.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Once again though, MS comes up with horrible naming schemes, because 'Windows 365' very much suggests that Windows is moving to a rental system.
Based on my experience it should be called Windows 350-something...

Can't really say I'm surprised.

crashtech

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2013
Trying to bring back the "thin client?" Hard to imagine a use case that makes this cost-effective.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Trying to bring back the "thin client?" Hard to imagine a use case that makes this cost-effective.
I wish thin clients were actually a price that justifies their existence, IIRC the last time I checked they were similar to a cheap PC. If they were say half the price, I could see an argument for a couple of thin clients hooking up to a desktop around a house; it would certainly be cool to hook up to my desktop from numerous locations cheaply.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Time to switch to linux.
I did this back when Windows 7 was going EOL. It didn't last long, and I'm looking forward to Windows 11 for the masses. I'm running 11 on my main desktop, and really like it so far.

ASK THE COMMUNITY