Question Subnautica free until Christmas

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
All the people on my friend's list who play it already are playing it on Steam and won't migrate to another client just to play with me. Likewise, I'm not going to install another client just to play a game for free, especially when it regularly goes on sale.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Didn't realize it's a new platform, but it's nice to see some competition for Steam. I also didn't know Subnautica had multiplayer, I played it as a singleplayer game.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I just got into it Saturday and it's pretty fun. Music is great and sound fx in general are good too. I'm still learning hwo to play it and haven't gotten very far yet, but so far I'm digging it. And I got it from Epic for free also.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I might give it a try. I'll not likely ever engage in multiplayer anyway, and it might be fun to just play around underwater for free.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I've given it a try in the past but I just couldn't get that into it. I think that the premise and settings are really cool though and that the game is probably plenty rewarding for those who wish to put in the hours. I'm just not super interested in games that force you to farm materials from nothing until you can actually play casually. It looks super slick though; I respect the talented developers behind it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I did end up playing for an hour or two last night, seems like a decent enough game if it's your bag.
It crashed my PC the first couple times I loaded it, have to run it with the -force-opengl command line switch to get it going on my PC (looks like maybe a Radeon driver issue).