Stupid Street Sweeping...

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Every Friday there is street sweeping in the morning, and I park my car in the sidewalk because my parents come home later in the evening and if I park the car in the driveway they can't get in the garage. Well, I just got a ticket because I just happen to forget to put the car back up in the driveway this morning, and just got fined for parking in front of my house. This street sweeping is %&%&ing annoying. Pretty damn steep too, $50.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Only if I'm allowed to park in the garage once in awhile, but no, they ALWAYS have to park in the garage, and not even street sweeping is an acception. Who cares if their BMW gets parked outside once a week.
rolleye.gif

Anybody else have street sweeping?

Apr 5, 2000
Not on residential streets but on major streets, yes

You should hand your parents the ticket and ask them to pay for it if you're so inclined to do so. Or you could not forget

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: coldcut
Only if I'm allowed to park in the garage once in awhile, but no, they ALWAYS have to park in the garage, and not even street sweeping is an acception. Who cares if their BMW gets parked outside once a week.
rolleye.gif

We pretty much all do if we live in a city...

I've got a collection of sweeping tickets on my wall at this moment! When I was unemployed, I'd always forget to move the car on Wed morning. Now that I'm working though, it's a non-issue.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: coldcut
Yep, if you think that's bad, try owning a car in NYC. Actually, even when I lived near the French Quarter in New Orleans, we had it worse, street cleaning 2x a week. Get used to it.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
When I lived in a studio in downtown San Diego, they had street sweeping that alternated sides of the street every night. I was always parking my car on one side of the street or another depending on what day it was....