Stupid qxn of the day: Settings on printer to print both sides?

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
So it's a HP LaserJet 8100 Series PS ... is there anyway to make it print both sides? Is this on the printer menu or controlled through like the print dialog box that comes up?

Nov 7, 2000
we have hp 8000 here at work. the option is right under printer "preferences" and the "finishing" tab

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: HardcoreRobot
we have hp 8000 here at work. the option is right under printer "preferences" and the "finishing" tab

That is correct for the PCL driver, assuming:

1) The printer is duplex capable
2) The print driver is properly configured on the print server (or the local machine if no print server is being used)

The option only shows up when the printer is configured as having a duplexer.

If the driver is configured to allow duplexing but the printer does not have a duplexer it will simply ignore the duplex request & print it single sided.

Also, the PS driver looks a little different than the PCL driver - You may need to look around a little to find it.

Viper GTS

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
If you can install your own drivers and such, maybe someone messed it up when they installed it the first time. Remove it and add it back on again and try it that way?

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Sorry, where are you guys looking at again? I hit control P on acrobat reader, then hit properties. Can't find the option you guys are talking about. Is there another window that I should look in?

Where can I grab the new drivers or configure it?