Stupid Question

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Does CCC have a temperature monitor somewhere? I also have Rivatuner installed to overclock, but under the hardware monitoring it only monitors my GPU and memory speed. This is kind of a dumb question, but how do I see what the temp of my GPU is? With my Nvidia stuff it was just a few clicks away, but I can't seem to find it with the ATI software... I'm sure it's somewhere but I just can't seem to find it. :p Any help would be appreciated.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
How's that 2900pro working for you?

What are your clocks?

Wonderful .. incredible scaling in all the games i am currently playing ... 700/850 while my XT is at 757/854 ... very very happy!

it makes Jericho *playable* whereas with 1 a single GPU i had to lower settings ... Lost Planet went from less than 20 FPS to over 30 in the DX10 pathway with everything maxed [and with AA/AF, no less!] ... Call of Juarez is likewise also playable in the Dx10 pathway with very few compromises.

the best $150 GPU upgrade in ... in ... hmm .... since i can remember ?
:confused:

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
OP: Overdrive has the temps, however if you don't have the 8pin connector for overdrive it should be in Rivatuner/ATI tool/AMD GPU tool. Make sure your on the latest drivers aswell for those apps.

SorryImLate

Jan 3, 2008
riva tuner should show your temp. Go to hardware monitoring then click setup, there it should have a check mark by core clock, memory clock. Underneith memory clock it should say core temperature. Check mark core temp and hit OK.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: apoppin
You don't need the 8 pin :p
--you can 'fool' CCC with a alligator clip and a piece of insulated wire

I might give that a try - lol

I got 750/920 single card. When I tried to Crossfire the clocks wouldn't take. I think the best I could do was 740/900 - and the second card would always kick back to something like 735/890.

I've only got a Silencer 610 PS. I'm a little worried that ""effectively"" I'm probably not pushing more than 500w. I'm going to snag a new PS in the next week or so and see if I can crank 'em back up.

I'm trying to decide if I want to sell 'em and put the money toward a pair of hd3870s. I don't see where I will gain too much - except one big step down the road to CrossfireX :p

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: apoppin
You don't need the 8 pin :p
--you can 'fool' CCC with a alligator clip and a piece of insulated wire

I might give that a try - lol

I got 750/920 single card. When I tried to Crossfire the clocks wouldn't take. I think the best I could do was 740/900 - and the second card would always kick back to something like 735/890.

I've only got a Silencer 610 PS. I'm a little worried that ""effectively"" I'm probably not pushing more than 500w. I'm going to snag a new PS in the next week or so and see if I can crank 'em back up.

I'm trying to decide if I want to sell 'em and put the money toward a pair of hd3870s. I don't see where I will gain too much - except one big step down the road to CrossfireX :p

check out my experience with it ... there are links to photos 'how to'

CrossFire Woes - need *Help* 2900xt/2900p - *SOLVED* ... 2 alligator clips and some wire