Stupid people

Dec 30, 2004
Welfare....social security....Katrina...

?

The stupid people are breeding a lot faster than the smart people so it's going to get really bad in the next 20 years.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Don?t worry, I hear the next president is going to plant money trees in the Whitehouse lawn. :roll:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Don?t worry, I hear the next president is going to plant money trees in the Whitehouse lawn. :roll:

Yes, what we need is a eugenics program to kill all the "stupid" people.

Fail, Nazi.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: techs

Fail, Nazi.

You quoted me Techs, but only to personally attack with false insinuation.

My contention is that we are going bankrupt. Nothing more, nothing less. To that topic you say nothing, do you not have a valid reply?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
While I dont agree with the OP, I would say that the housing fiasco would be a better example.

Why should the government bail out people who were not smart enough to realize their payments were going to go up? And that they wouldnt be able to afford a higher payment?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Corbett
While I dont agree with the OP, I would say that the housing fiasco would be a better example.

Why should the government bail out people who were not smart enough to realize their payments were going to go up? And that they wouldnt be able to afford a higher payment?

Yes, since billions of dollars are spent finding ways to convince people they can afford homes and politicians encourage, promise, etc that the purchase is safe.
There's a thin line between stupid and tricked.

And as for Katrina, I guess people living paycheck to paycheck all should have had helicopters, boats, etc to rescue themselves. Not to mention that the elderly and infirmed should have managed to prevent themselves from becoming either.

Fail, fail.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
soccerballtux, the stupid people have been overbreeding for a long long time. The next 20 years will be the same as the last 20 years.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: soccerballtux

?

The stupid people are breeding a lot faster than the smart people so it's going to get really bad in the next 20 years.

True if you are talking about the FED gov't. The problem is, the stupidness(entitlement mentality) has been institutionalized and whole generations of people have bought into it. It's going to take a long time to break that.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

Yes, since billions of dollars are spent finding ways to convince people they can afford homes and politicians encourage, promise, etc that the purchase is safe.

Fail, fail.
You sit in a room signing papers for 45 minutes or more, during that time you need to read and think. If you make $24,000 a year and think you can afford a $200K house you are a fvcking moron. ALL THERE IS TO IT.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

?

Of course

So what do you propose?

A Republican test for adults such as NCLB?

Fail and get sent to carousel.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Fail, Nazi.

You do realize the Nazi eugenics program was modeled on our own right? We were leading the world in Eugenics in the early 20th century. And had forced sterilization programs into the 1960s.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

?

Of course

So what do you propose?

A Republican test for adults such as NCLB?

Fail and get sent to carousel.

Not having kids, that's what. Spare them the pain unless I've got enough money to put them through college and set them off with a good amount on their own (assuming they're also good stewards of their money).

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
How about changing the topic to: Stupid Businesses?

Why is it the government's job to bail them out?

And the stupid businesses don't even vote! They just buy the votes with bail out money! :p

Dec 30, 2004

And as for Katrina, I guess people living paycheck to paycheck all should have had helicopters, boats, etc to rescue themselves. Not to mention that the elderly and infirmed should have managed to prevent themselves from becoming either.

Fail, fail.

You do a disservice to people. You're doing the same as me, calling them stupid.
You fail to recognize that government intervention in the form of privileged lenders aka Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac are what got us into this problem in the first place. So, naturally, because the government caused one problem, they will clearly be able to fix it by socializing the costs of the first mistake.

People in Katrina were living welfare check to welfare check. Katrina happened at the end of the month. They were waiting for their checks. Which is strange, because everybody's already left, so how do they expect their mail to get to them?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I agree fully. All them stupid Bankers, Mortgage Brokers, and Investors should have been given Pink Slips, not Government Bailouts.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: SlickSnake

And the stupid businesses don't even vote! They just buy the votes with bail out money! :p

Let's see all the excuses from the radical righties on this.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We are all morons. We are all playing a stupid game of self destruction. A few of us brighter asshole idiots can see how some of us stupider ones do it but none of us are smart enough to see it in ourselves. We are smug self centered fuck heads who laugh as we destroy our lives. I'm just so thankful I'm also too stupid to see it.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We are all morons.

We are all playing a stupid game of self destruction.

A few of us brighter asshole idiots can see how some of us stupider ones do it but none of us are smart enough to see it in ourselves.

We are smug self centered fuck heads who laugh as we destroy our lives.

I'm just so thankful I'm also too stupid to see it.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: SlickSnake

Let's see all the excuses from the radical righties on this.

Uh, I'm a righty and I don't think we need to bail them out. Free market would purchase them at their value. This is the conservative way of operating. Handsoff, let it take care of itself. It's not what's happening, but just because it's done by righties, doesn't make it a right thing (lol).

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
People in Katrina were living welfare check to welfare check. Katrina happened at the end of the month. They were waiting for their checks. Which is strange, because everybody's already left, so how do they expect their mail to get to them?
I have heard that a couple times now, but is there any REAL proof to that? Or is it just a bunch of people taking a wild guess at what happened?

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We are all morons. We are all playing a stupid game of self destruction. A few of us brighter asshole idiots can see how some of us stupider ones do it but none of us are smart enough to see it in ourselves. We are smug self centered fuck heads who laugh as we destroy our lives. I'm just so thankful I'm also too stupid to see it.

And on that uplifting note :music:, I think it's time to take a big hairy dump :cookie:.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
True if you are talking about the FED gov't. The problem is, the stupidness(entitlement mentality) has been institutionalized and whole generations of people have bought into it. It's going to take a long time to break that.

Only the time it takes to starve, IMO. Once the government fails to pay for it people won't have any choice. They are too dependent on an ill provider who will not provide for them when it really matters.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

I have heard that a couple times now, but is there any REAL proof to that? Or is it just a bunch of people taking a wild guess at what happened?

I was there.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Only the time it takes to starve, IMO. Once the government fails to pay for it people won't have any choice. They are too dependent on an ill provider who will not provide for them when it really matters.

I don't think so. They'll revolt and demand pie from the gov't and they will find a leader who can be elected to do just that. Hell, look at obamarama or hillarity - both are running with the promise of more cheese. It's institutionalized.