Stupid ex-girlfriends

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Grr...this girl was like the love of my life. I've had 4 girlfriends of over a year and a half, and when I was with this one i knew I wanted to spend the rest of my days with her. We were immensely happy. And then she went off the deep end and became a born again, with goals of "walking in the footsteps of Jesus" and "living a crazy life that makes no sense but is the path God has for me" and said she needed to rescue people and help the world....on her own.

So she left me, hurt me (by trying to help people, lol), and really...it sucked.

That was six weeks ago. I've still been sad, obviously, still think about her daily and just do what I can to get through the days.

Last night she texted me, "Hey, i've been thinking about you a lot recently and hope you're doing well. :) feel free to call or text if you want".

B!tch!!!!! What is that text supposed to do, but increase the pain? How do I respond? Eff that. Its just more selfishness and she's feeling guilt on some level and wants to know I'm ok.

If I write back and tell her the truth-I'm sad and hurt and think about her all the time-it does nothing...sounds melodramatic and laced with guilt. If i pretend I'm great...well eff that too, because then she'll think, "awesome. He's great, i'm great, woo hoo!" So i'm just not going to write her back, BUT now i'm stuck with the thoughts that she's restirred up.

PSA: CHICKS SUCK.

Oh yeah, and add on top that my birthday (that obviously we were going to spend together) is next week and I've been sad that I won't have her around, and she does this to get me to realize it even more. Hatred becomes me.

BIRTHDAY UPDATE-
WOw....first of all, I did NOT think this was going to get bumped...especially on my birthday! LOL.....so weird.

And thanks to those of you who remembered it was my birthday. Crazy you noticed...but very appreciated.

So, since this was bumped, I will let you all know something that happened today. As I've mentioned (as have you) its my birthday...and i"ve wondered whether she'd A) remember and b) write or call.

Well, not only did she not call or write (at least so far-which I'm partially thankful for, because i guess I just want her to go away) but i got a friend request invite from her on facebook...and i've already canceled my account months ago. WTF?!?!?!?!?

I mean, really! The freakin odds....not only does she send me that crap in the first place...but on my birthday!!!!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I grant you the power...
whatever that power is, i have no frickin clue, but you got it...

you need this:

Scientist: I've invented a pill that gives worms to ex-girlfriends.
Don: Uh, right, and what's positive about that?
Scientist: Well, it's a pill that gives worms to ex-girlfriends.
Don: Couldn't it also give worms to ex-boyfriends?
Scientist: This is a drug... for the world... to give worms to ex-girlfriends.
Don: Well, great. Thanks for stopping by.
Scientist: You just don't get it here! Huhoooo!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Just tell her how you feel... 'cause lemme guess.. when "breaking up" with you, she said some thing like "Ohh I have to do this, you understand don't you, Grant!?" and because you want this girl you said, "O...o... of course." I doubt she's dumb and thinks you're fine and dandy, but she may not even understand how much it affects you. So give her a call and tell her what you think. Just leave out the part where you call her a "B!TCH".

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
As I see it, you have two choices.

You can sit around and be pissy to her because she didn't pick you.

Or you can try to be friends with her and try to keep the door open to changes later on. Maybe you'll decide that she's not the only girl for you, maybe she'll realize you're the only one for her, who knows? It's risky, you might get hurt again. Is she worth a try?

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
be honest with her but at the same time make her feel a world of guilt for doing what she did...then (assuming you want to be with her again) tell her that you'll welcome her back so long as she can honestly say her attempts to re-establish communications with you has nothing to do with trying to convert you to whatever religion she got sucked into...

otherwise tell her to get lost or just don't reply at all

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Seriously grow up, she sounds like she broke up with you for personal reasons, nothing you can do, go find another one and stop getting girlfriends.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Just tell her how you feel... 'cause lemme guess.. when "breaking up" with you, she said some thing like "Ohh I have to do this, you understand don't you, Grant!?" and because you want this girl you said, "O...o... of course." I doubt she's dumb and thinks you're fine and dandy, but she may not even understand how much it affects you. So give her a call and tell her what you think. Just leave out the part where you call her a "B!TCH".

LOL...no, i didn't say "oh of course I understand". I told her she was making a big mistake but that she was too young to realize it. I told her that in her quest to help people she's really hurting people and being selfish. I told her that she doesn't have to do these things alone.

But I said, do what you have to do. Just don't expect me to be happy about it and be your friend afterwards.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: sixone
As I see it, you have two choices.

You can sit around and be pissy to her because she didn't pick you.

Or you can try to be friends with her and try to keep the door open to changes later on. Maybe you'll decide that she's not the only girl for you, maybe she'll realize you're the only one for her, who knows? It's risky, you might get hurt again. Is she worth a try?

Being friends does what exactly? Nah, that isn't the way to go. She didn't pick me....that much is true. That's why i've not called her or texted her or emailed her...i gotta move along. That's why this is so frustrating.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
LOL...no, i didn't say "oh of course I understand". I told her she was making a big mistake but that she was too young to realize it. I told her that in her quest to help people she's really hurting people and being selfish. I told her that she doesn't have to do these things alone.

But I said, do what you have to do. Just don't expect me to be happy about it and be your friend afterwards.

What'd she respond to that? I don't remember if you made a thread about this, but it sounds familiar...

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: leftyman
aahh.. to be 16 again :p

27 next week....frustrated 27.

BS. Pic of drivers license with you in it and a not that says this is GrantMeThePower.

If you really are 27 work on your rants. I expect a little more from your age. Give some meat the that rant, not just the classic YAGT dribble.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Anghang
be honest with her but at the same time make her feel a world of guilt for doing what she did...then (assuming you want to be with her again) tell her that you'll welcome her back so long as she can honestly say her attempts to re-establish communications with you has nothing to do with trying to convert you to whatever religion she got sucked into...

otherwise tell her to get lost or just don't reply at all

There's no way she wants to be together again...she's just looking to feel better about herself for what she did. In fact, she's probably been really happy, and just recently realized that "hey, what happened to ol what's his name? I hope he's alright." and hence the text to alleviate some guilt. The last thing she wants it to have me welcome her back.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka

What'd she respond to that? I don't remember if you made a thread about this, but it sounds familiar...

Yeah, there was a thread about it.

What would she say? lol...not, oh sh!t you're right grant. lol....she just left. Haven't talked since.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I'd call her back and just be kinda apathetic when you call her, don't really show romantic interest of any sort. Then end the call abruptly and just hang up the phone.

Kind of a dick move, but well, she might stop after that.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Tobolo
Originally posted by: leftyman
aahh.. to be 16 again :p

27 next week....frustrated 27.

BS. Pic of drivers license with you in it and a not that says this is GrantMeThePower.

If you really are 27 work on your rants. I expect a little more from your age. Give some meat the that rant, not just the classic YAGT dribble.

Hahaha....you're joking, right? Why would I lie about my age? Seriously. I mean, if i was 16, i'd be proud. Trust me brotha, i'm not happy about turning 27...starting to feel OLD. Especially dealing with this bs. She, on the other hand, just turned 21. (hence the immaturity).

My apologies on the vegetarian rant.