Stuffed feeling

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sixguns, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

Why is it that after weeks of eating clean and what not that I just get this urge to stuff myself? I used to be a fatty and really would use food as a feel good, chronic pain and depression were the cause or helping factor of me being a fatty, but now that those two are gone I still get the urge to just EAT! I dont know why. While I say eating clean, its no where near a perfect diet. My wife is way to good of a cook to turn down some of her stuff and I will have sweets here and there to help with the cravings.

I say this because this weekend has been like this where even though I wasnt even hungry I just want to eat and eat. It doesnt help that I am trying to get rid of a litte weight I gained back in Oct-Dec when I couldnt lift.

2. Corporate Thug

Eating "clean" still has some cheat days built in man...nobody can get well 100% of the time.

3. Blackjack200

Blackjack200 Lifer

Eh, it's never perfect, but I find if I can control my environment I can avoid bingeing. If I plan my meals, don't keep any junk in the house, etc.

I've been eating pretty clean for about three weeks now, but on valentine's day my sister sent me some chocolates (I had just broken up with my GF)

Yeah, that shit got eaten up.

OP, are you constantly around this stuff? Are there cookies and snacks in your pantry? If that was the case with me it would be very hard to stay on my diet. And by very hard, I mean impossible.

4. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

Thats the thing, it doesnt matter what is around I just get the urge to eat anything.

It seems almost a mental thing of old habits.

5. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

I have cheat meals all the time to keep myself going. This goes beyond that to where I just want to eat everything around me.

6. mple

mple Senior member

No offense but this is starting to sound like an eating disorder. What is your body composition goal? Bulk? Cut? Maintenance?

7. SearchMaster

SearchMaster Diamond Member

I feel your pain, OP. I've been dieting moderately for the last 6 weeks or so and have lost 15 pounds. But there have been a couple of weekends in there (including this past Saturday) where I was just HUNGRY and ate junk food. It cost me 1.5 pounds :) The funny thing is that my overall calorie consumption that day was still just over 2000, which isn't that bad, but my body decided to store it all for me.

8. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

More of those two. I lost around 70 lbs about 2 years ago. After I lost the weight I shifted my focus from cutting weight to putting on some muscle. I started to get some good size but had an injury last year that put me out for a few months. In that time I put some weight back on that I am now trying to drop which is happening since I can workout again. As for being cut, I know you shouldnt say never but I just dont think it will happen for me. I dont care for the 6pack since I would rather eat good food more.

Like I said earlier, I think I might resort back to old habits from when I was bigger.

9. Blackjack200

Blackjack200 Lifer

I don't get the point of "cheat" meals. I feel that my issue with food is the similar in some ways to an alcoholic's issue with booze. Do recovering alcoholics have cheat days where they have a few drinks? I eat my calorie controlled meals as a chore, and do not consider eating additional food of any kind.

There's no way you gained 1.5 pounds of anything but water eating 2000 calories in a day.

10. destey

destey Member

11. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

A "cheat" meal to me usually means eating at a resturant or something like that. I try not to use it as an reason to pig out and have a huge meal. I find that for the most part it helps curb most craving which can cause bingeing. Self control has been one of my weak points since I used to eat anything I wanted when I was a fat guy. Its gotten a lot better but every once and awhile I have those days where I just want to feel stuffed from food.

12. cheez

cheez Golden Member

The sweets will kill you. It is one of the worst things that can do to human body.

And those that replace meal with candy. You will die fast from diseases / cancer.

Try to eat at smaller volume but more frequently. This helps your metabolism and help you keep healthy and help lose weight.

13. Pantlegz

Pantlegz Diamond Member

All broscience... If you'd done any reading on this or looking in to one of the several studies that shows that your metabolism doesn't drop much for something like 72 hours after your last meal you wouldn't be spewing such mindless nonsense.

14. Pantlegz

Pantlegz Diamond Member

And to answer the question in the OP, I still get the same feelings too. Normally it's after a rough week or 2 in the gym. In my case anyway I feel like it my body letting me know that it needs more nutrients than I've been giving it lately. Now that I think of it, it hasn't happened for a while...