Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Of course, there's no excuse but what do you expect when the "we don't want to hurt someone's feelings" crowd is in charge?

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Agreed. Utter nonsense.

It doesn't matter what day it is, they can wear whatever they want so long as it adhere's to the school's dress code.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
This does make me angry..
You can't wear an American Flag in America?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Looks like a public school. Freedom of expression, the principal can go fuck himself.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
hahah dumbass administrators (edit - oops principals i mean ), they didn't even try to justify it by saying 'no hats allowed' for the bandanas or 'no printed t-shirt designs' or something for the shirts.

Last edited:

ZOOYUKA

Platinum Member
Jan 24, 2005
I love how the student interviewed compares Cinco de Mayo to the Fourth of July. The idiot probably has not idea that Mexico's independence day is September 16.

I do find it pretty funny that it is a day to celebrate Mexican Culture. Cinco de Mayo represents the victory of the Battle of Puebla in a war they ultimately lost to the French. Overall we failed, but we did really awesome one day! Lets celebrate!

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
This happens every year and is great publicity for Old Navy. Personally I think it is disrespectful to wear the flag as an item of clothing.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
An American student sent home from an America school for wearing an America flag...Only in America.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I love how the student interviewed compares Cinco de Mayo to the Fourth of July. The idiot probably has not idea that Mexico's independence day is September 16.

I do find it pretty funny that it is a day to celebrate Mexican Culture. Cinco de Mayo represents the victory of the Battle of Puebla in a war they ultimately lost to the French. Overall we failed, but we did really awesome one day! Lets celebrate!
I heard americans celebrate it more than many mexicans and it's simply used as an excuse to drink.

Anyway fvcking garbage. Principal is an asshole.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
sigh, much worse then when i used to get sent home for wearing this t shirt in HS

bad&

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I heard americans celebrate it more than many mexicans and it's simply used as an excuse to drink.

Anyway fvcking garbage. Principal is an asshole.

Funny you mention that. Here in Houston, Pappasido's, a popular "mexican" restaurant had a Cinco DeMayo celebration yesterday. It was packed inside and outside with mostly white folks. I saw very few hispanics. It's really an excuse to mingle and drink.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
The district released a statement saying it does not agree with how Live Oak High School administrators handled this incident.

At least someone in administration is sane.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

I never understood cinco de mayo either. I can never find any Japanese resturants having 2 for 1 sakes on Dec. 7th.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Silly tea bagging Faux News outrage from racists! Oh wait....

If that is a public school, it is an outrage and the principal should be reprimanded. I would be disgruntled at a private school doing this, but it is within their rights to decide what people wear in those.

I wonder if they would treat a shirt like this the same way if it was worn on an American holiday, somehow I doubt it:
cccp_shirt-p2357465408079778143mgu_400.jpg

Every culture in America should be protected against offense, except traditional American culture, it seems.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Whose country is it, anyway?

Morgan Hill Times
A group of California students who dared to wear the American flag on Cinco de Mayo learned a hard lesson about the corruption of citizenship and sovereignty this week.

They were sent home for their show of U.S. patriotism.

Because while flying the colors of reconquista is perfectly acceptable, flying Old Glory is practically a hate crime. KTVU reports...
The left threw assimilation out the window decades ago, of course. And educators no longer teach civic pride. It’s all about assigning blame, assuaging guilt, and stoking grievances. P.C. is the death of us.
Flashback: The American flag comes second…
Malkin has it right.

As far as I'm concerned this intolerance towards the natives coupled with unbridled tolerance for the illegal invaders is exactly why we need to stand with Arizona's new law and fight our fellow Americans who have the audacity to attack America.

Will we fall from within or will we stand up for ourselves? Whose country is it, anyway?

dammitgibs

Jan 31, 2009
Well in all fairness I'm sure the school would send home latino students for wearing a Mexican flag on the 4th of July....oh wait, THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THEY WOULD DO THAT.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
This happens every year and is great publicity for Old Navy. Personally I think it is disrespectful to wear the flag as an item of clothing.

I remember when wearing a tshirt with a flag on it to high school wouldn't have been allowed, period.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I remember when wearing a tshirt with a flag on it to high school wouldn't have been allowed, period.
1. When was this time you speak of?
2. Where was this time you speak of?
3. Were tshirts allowed at all?
4. was ANYTHING allowed on your tshirts or were American flags singled out?