Student Urinates in Lunch Box in Class

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Story

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A teacher was put on paid leave Tuesday while officials investigate why a student urinated in a lunch box during her class.

The Meadowbrook Middle School student urinated in a lunch box while hiding behind a classroom bookcase, Orange County school officials said Tuesday.

According to statements by other students in the class, school officials think that when the boy asked to go the restroom on Thursday, teacher Jameeka Chambers told him to hold it or use her lunch box.

The boy took the lunch box, hid behind a bookcase, urinated in it and returned it to her, Frank Kruppenbacher, attorney for the Orange County School Board, told the Orlando Sentinel.

"I think we clearly know she didn't tell him, 'Go pee in this box,' in the sense of going to go do that," Kruppenbacher said. "That's beyond our comprehension."

Chambers is to be interviewed on Monday.

The next morning the boy's mother complained to the principal and told a local TV station that Chambers would not allow him to use the restroom.

The boy was not regularly in Chambers' class, but was in her room to complete makeup work on a computer, Kruppenbacher said.

This is a first-year teaching job for Chambers, who teaches sixth-grade language arts.

A telephone number listed under the name of a Jameeka Chambers in Orlando was busy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) This belongs more in OT than P&N

2) Without original thought/commentary by the OP, the thread is locked.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
When you gotta go, you gotta go. I personally think he should have just went to the restroom if he truly had to go that bad.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: TheSpy007
kids are dumb as shit these days.

if I had to go, I went. I would ask politely first, "Can I go to the bathroom", ifno, I would wait a second, ask again, and if no, I would just walk to the bathroom. Did it a few times, and other than a verbal scolding, I never got in trouble.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
If she actually said 'hold it or go in your lunch box' then props to the kid

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The Child shows class. He called her bluff. Teachers are stupid at times. Escpecially when they think they run this world and we are here to serve them. The teachers are here to serve the tax payers, not vice-versa.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Ok everyone, now think back to 6th grade. It wasn't a concentration camp. The kid is likely one of the problem children who act like idiots, and when something they do gets out they blame the teacher. A teacher never told you you couldn't leave class to use the bathroom? Details we'll never hear.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I remember in 7th or 8th grade, one girl was apparently having her period. She suddenly twitched a bit weird in her seat, and said to the teacher, in the middle of class, fairly urgently, "I have to go to the bathroom, now." He refused, saying she should have gone before class - he was quite blissfully unaware of the nature of her reason to leave, nor did he care to know as to why it was urgent. She responded with, "I don't care then, I have to go." He told her to sit back down as she hurried out, but she ignored him.
Sometimes you just don't deny someone a trip to the bathroom. They're not all going there to smoke.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird
The Child shows class. He called her bluff. Teachers are stupid at times. Escpecially when they think they run this world and we are here to serve them. The teachers are here to serve the tax payers, not vice-versa.

And when that little shit starts paying taxes, he'll be entitled to a bathroom break.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Ok everyone, now think back to 6th grade. It wasn't a concentration camp. The kid is likely one of the problem children who act like idiots, and when something they do gets out they blame the teacher. A teacher never told you you couldn't leave class to use the bathroom? Details we'll never hear.

Huh? I have been refused a couple times that I can remember.. told you had a break.. you should have gone then.. don't interrupt the class etc..

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Phokus
pfft, i peed my pants one time in 1st grade ... in class :p

Indeed. I remember some people occasionaly peeing their pants even up into 4th grade, but by the time your in 6th grade you should know enough to just go to the bathroom if you can't hold it any longer.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Indeed. I remember some people occasionaly peeing their pants even up into 4th grade, but by the time your in 6th grade you should know enough to just go to the bathroom if you can't hold it any longer.

While her answer was perhaps poorly worded, I certainly hope the teacher doesn't get in any major trouble for this. Jeebus, in my day any one of us trying to leave class w/o the teacher's permission would have been physically restrained.

It just didn't happen.

Know what else? Kids knew to take care of their business beforehand, and no in class "pee incidents" happened either. We ALL know how vicious kids can be in packs.

Once a teacher lost control of a class, we were all over them from then on, we OWNED them. The effective teachers kept control from the outset.

These days, the little darlings have a bit too much "self-esteem". :roll:

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
If she didn't tell him to pee in the lunchbox, then why is she on paid leave?

How would he be able to go get her lunchbox, take it behind the book case, and pee in it without the teacher stopping him?

Did she not realize he was going to pee in it after what she told him?

Why didn't she stop him when he went for the lunch box?

Most likely because she did indeed say that to him, and he was just doing what she said he could do.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
teachers are dumb as shit these days.

Fixed.

It was, and still is, ridiculous how teachers pretty much refuse to let kids go to the bathroom during class. I mean, christ. When you have to go, you have to go.

But...this is a middle school thing. So yeah, that kid might have some mental issues.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx
Story

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A teacher was put on paid leave Tuesday while officials investigate why a student urinated in a lunch box during her class.

The Meadowbrook Middle School student urinated in a lunch box while hiding behind a classroom bookcase, Orange County school officials said Tuesday.

According to statements by other students in the class, school officials think that when the boy asked to go the restroom on Thursday, teacher Jameeka Chambers told him to hold it or use her lunch box.

The boy took the lunch box, hid behind a bookcase, urinated in it and returned it to her, Frank Kruppenbacher, attorney for the Orange County School Board, told the Orlando Sentinel.

"I think we clearly know she didn't tell him, 'Go pee in this box,' in the sense of going to go do that," Kruppenbacher said. "That's beyond our comprehension."

The next morning the boy's mother complained to the principal and told a local TV station that Chambers would not allow him to use the restroom.

The boy was not regularly in Chambers' class, but was in her room to complete makeup work on a computer, Kruppenbacher said.

This is a first-year teaching job for Chambers, who teaches sixth-grade language arts.

A telephone number listed under the name of a Jameeka Chambers in Orlando was busy.

HUH?

gentobu

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: halik
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx
Story

HUH?

The plot thickens...

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior

Fixed.

It was, and still is, ridiculous how teachers pretty much refuse to let kids go to the bathroom during class. I mean, christ. When you have to go, you have to go.

But...this is a middle school thing. So yeah, that kid might have some mental issues.

If one uses the bathroom, they all suddenly have to use the bathroom. Same as when one suddenly feels ill. Teachers need to judge each student's request on a case-by-case basis.

Perhaps we should change it to "people who make idiotic statements without having firsthand knowledge are dumb as shit these day."

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003

Fixed.

When you are in middle-school you are old enough to know that you have many opportunities to use the bathroom throughout the day. A average middle-school student knows they can use the bathroom before school, during passing periods, lunch time, and after school. If this kid hasn't learned to take care of business before class then this does not bode well for his future as an adult.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: LTC8K6
If she didn't tell him to pee in the lunchbox, then why is she on paid leave?

How would he be able to go get her lunchbox, take it behind the book case, and pee in it without the teacher stopping him?

Did she not realize he was going to pee in it after what she told him?

Why didn't she stop him when he went for the lunch box?

Most likely because she did indeed say that to him, and he was just doing what she said he could do.

She is probably on paid leave because there is more then likely a lawsuit in the works and school officials always tread with caution. Just like a cop who shots a perp and is put on paid leave until the shooting incident has been fully investigated by internal affairs, etc...

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Drift3r

Fixed.

When you are in middle-school you are old enough to know that you have many opportunities to use the bathroom throughout the day. A average middle-school student knows they can use the bathroom before school, during passing periods, lunch time, and after school. If this kid hasn't learned to take care of business before class then this does not bode well for his future as an adult.

With 1hr30min periods, and 5min to change classes sometimes it isn't possible to make it to the bathroom without being late.

And in the real world, one is allowed to go to the bathroom without his or her superior telling them to hold it or piss in a lunchbox. I don't care what you say about "knowing when to go"...schools are downright fascist about this, and it makes no fucking sense.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: ScottyB

Fixed.

If one uses the bathroom, they all suddenly have to use the bathroom. Same as when one suddenly feels ill. Teachers need to judge each student's request on a case-by-case basis.

Perhaps we should change it to "people who make idiotic statements without having firsthand knowledge are dumb as shit these day."

:confused:

I never experienced that in school. All it does is further suggest to kids that they lack the responsibility to leave class, use the bathroom, and return in a timely manner without disruption. Its like the same people who complain about the pussification of children are the ones suggesting that the little shits can't handle a fucking bathroom break.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Teachers know who abuse privileges and who don't. Most the time I let the kids go one at a time, but if a pee pee dance is involved or they say, "I really have to go" I let them go immediately.