Strom Thurmond: Swinger?

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
No, I think you mean Strom Thurmond rapist.

Text
Shortly after Thurmond's death on June 26, 2003, Essie Mae Washington-Williams publicly revealed that she was Strom Thurmond's illegitimate daughter. She was born to an African American maid, Carrie "Tunch" Butler (1909?1947), on October 12, 1925, when Butler was 16 and Thurmond was 22. Thurmond met Washington-Williams when she was 16. He helped pay her way through college and later paid her sums of money in cash or, through a nephew, checks. These payments extended well into her adult life.[4] Washington-Williams has stated that she did not reveal she was Thurmond's daughter during his lifetime because it "wasn't to the advantage of either one of us"[4] and that she kept silent out of love and respect for her father.[5] She denies that there was an agreement between the two to keep her connection to Thurmond silent.[4]

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Reading the article it is the wife, not the politician

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well reading the second article it is the politician, not the wife.

And was anyone really low on things to dislike Strom Thurmond about?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Maybe being gay would complete the perfect hypocrite grand slam lifetime achievement list final checkmark, but before I check it off on ole Strom, I think we better see some better proof. Lacking better proof, we need to sink every swiftboat we see. Or at least take it with more than a grain of salt. One thing for sure. Strom was not cellibate.

But come to think of it, didn't someone allege the Rev AL Sharpton may be a blood relation to Strom back through some great grand dad they may have in common. If so, please lets not tell Al about this, he is already conflicted, it likely DNA provable, but this might make him go totally ballistic.