"Stress relief" game?

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I just received an 8800gts and I'm looking for a good stress relief game..

I bought crysis and have played through a good bit of it, but is there anything more like serious sam that's current? I kinda just want to walk around and blow sh!t up without worrying about ammo or dying..

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: zixxer

I bought crysis and have played through a good bit of it, but is there anything more like serious sam that's current? I kinda just want to walk around and blow sh!t up without worrying about ammo or dying..

Hellgate: London
Single Player!
-unlimited ammo ... blasting demons ... dying is no biggie
--mindless fun ... i got addicted and played it thru a bunch of times using different character classes ... like DeusEx, you 'upgrade' your weapons and skills but the fun is just BLASTING demons ... i loved blademaster's 2 blades and in-your-face attacks.

BioShock was easy mindless fun although some think there is something "deeper" .. and dying is part of a winning strategy .. you respawn with no penalty.

And if you really *liked* Serious Sam and SS SE like i did ... forget the last one ... it is a pretty bad parody of the first two. Painkiller's latest Xpack Overdose might be good stress relief if you get it bargain-bin [or if you never played PK/BoOH, get it instead]

How could i forget ... my *own* mindless fun game ... FEAR has 2 Xpacks! ... i never finished Extraction Point so i am playing it now and then i have Perseus Mandate after that ... :)
[i am playing the shooters in-between the 'serious' games]

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Unreal with this mod. This is the most insane thing I've ever seen in an FPS. :D (it runs on UT actually, but it's a mod of the Unreal SP campaign)

DogFish90IPA

Feb 21, 2008
Well your card is overkill for this but.........when I want mindless I break out mario kart on my emu.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. Nothing like taking some down time to hack through enemies. Even better once you hit Epic and then go back to normal to watch the bodies fly through the air.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Stress relief?
Serious Sam on Easy Mode. You have double health and it regenerates.
Titan Quest is good too. Dying is no big deal.

Jets'n'Guns.
Test Drive Unlimited.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I fired up COD4 lastnight for some SP action, haven't played in about a month, did the trick for me.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Get TF2 and start blowing shit up :D

Seriously I think TF2 and drinking is one of my favorite passtimes.

Heh, I hear that. Some of the greatest fun I've had with a video game is having a couple of beers and playing TF2 on this all-talk server I frequent. Great stress relief after a long hard day of work.

KT

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: zixxer

Serious Sam 2?
Painkiller series (predates serious sam 2 however).
Doom 3/Quake 4.

DogFish90IPA

Feb 21, 2008
I agree with both of you. You can be serious about that game and try for lots of points. But sometimes I just love the knock out snipers with the heavy's fist, usually a 5 to 1 kill ratio but man do I love trashtalking the snipers.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

Drinking and TF2 is tons of fun, but I gave up the drinking part a month ago while playing it.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MetalMat

Drinking and TF2 is tons of fun, but I gave up the drinking part a month ago while playing it.

i gave up the 'drinking alcohol' game 11 years ago ... too much 'stress' the next morning :p
:confused:

almost *any* game i get 'into' relieves stress ;)

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Any multiplayer shooting game. Nothing beats blowing strangers up and spamming grenades when you're down or pissed.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Call of Duty 4... online/Multi-player.

Also, a puzzle-type game, free online called "Desktop Tower Defense"... FUN

Brian

Mandin62

Mar 24, 2007
Any GTA game is a good one. Also your fps of choice with god mode and unlimited ammo does the trick too.