Street Fighter 4 on PC

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Does anyone have it / play it, and is it any good? Wikipedia says that the game has good reviews, but I've seen some crap fighting game ports to the PC platform before and I'm a bit reticent about buying it without a recommendation (though it is pretty much at a budget price now).

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
From what I hear, it plays identical to the console versions. However, I am not sure if it got the Super Street Fighter 4 update and if it did, if it got the Arcade Edition updates. If it did not receive those updates, I doubt a lot of people play it, as the fighting game community usually sticks to the latest update for competition sake. This would be a disappointment if Capcom did not update the title though.

As far as being a good game, if you like Street Fighter games, this one is pretty good. It is "easier" than say Street Fighter 3 because the inputs aren't as strict and it has a new "gimmick" system. Ultra moves and the Focus Attack (which gives you a focus attack dash cancel option for quite a few moves) are the new features.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
as far as i know there is a lot of people playing SF4:AE online

i own street fighter x tekken and there is not many people playing and it has lag issues, that as far as i read about it are not happenning in SF4

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
You want the Arcade edition, that's the latest one.

Last edited: