Stream/Pond eroding land barrier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
This is more of a legal issue than an issue of what will physically "correct" the problem. As far as I know, nearly every place in the US now treats wetlands protection seriously. What you can or cannot do is highly dependent on local regulations, state law and (in some situations) federal law. You really should be talking to your town officials first instead on soliciting guesses online. If you don't want to talk to officials this early on in the planning stage I'd suggest talking to the lawyer who represented you when you bought the home (the wetlands were there then apparently).

You could end up spending a lot of money to remediate the changes you make. Wetlands are serious business and if you do something wrong you will NOT get a wink and nod response from the authorities.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
This is more of a legal issue than an issue of what will physically "correct" the problem. As far as I know, nearly every place in the US now treats wetlands protection seriously. What you can or cannot do is highly dependent on local regulations, state law and (in some situations) federal law. You really should be talking to your town officials first instead on soliciting guesses online. If you don't want to talk to officials this early on in the planning stage I'd suggest talking to the lawyer who represented you when you bought the home (the wetlands were there then apparently).

You could end up spending a lot of money to remediate the changes you make. Wetlands are serious business and if you do something wrong you will NOT get a wink and nod response from the authorities.
I'm aware. The legal issues were made aware to be through this thread. I'm still working on actually making contact with someone though (folks don't like to respond to emails apparently).