Strange red flashing when changing res. (DVI)

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
I used to have an older card with a DVI-D connector that I used with my DVIed TFT screen, and it worked like a champ. Now that I got a new video card with a DVI-I connector I get these unpleasant red glowings all over the screen when changing video modes/resolutions. Is this normal? Does anyone also experience the same red flashing issue with DVI-I?

BTW, the video cable is a standard DVI-D.

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Well ... you're not supposed to switch resolutions on DVI - all other resolutions but the native panel resolution require the panel internal logic to interpolate, compromising signal quality.

Now if said logic does not drive the panel all-black while switching modes, there's not much you can do. I haven't seen firmware upgrades for TFT panels yet ...

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Peter
Well ... you're not supposed to switch resolutions on DVI - all other resolutions but the native panel resolution require the panel internal logic to interpolate, compromising signal quality.

Now if said logic does not drive the panel all-black while switching modes, there's not much you can do. I haven't seen firmware upgrades for TFT panels yet ...

yes but resolution switching is necessary even on flat panels for a number of functions, like running games.