Strange problem with new build - possible power issue?

Oct 27, 2007
Yesterday I put together a new PC. Last night I was playing games for several hours without a problem. I shut the computer down and went to bed. This morning I go to the PC and hit the ON button and nothing happens. I cycle the power on the PSU, no luck. I went to take a look inside the case but the moment I leaned the case over to check things it powers up.

Unfortunately it only stayed on for a few seconds then powered down. Then I try starting it up again, it starts, fans spin up, then powers down after a few seconds. I found that if I just leave it after it powers down it will power itself up, then power down after a few seconds! And the amount of time it stays powered up seems to be indeterminate - sometimes it lasts ~2 seconds, sometimes long enough to POST and halfway load Windows, but never long enough to actually boot windows.

Any ideas here? TIA.

Oct 27, 2007
Think I found the problem (hopefully). I fired the PC up and quickly pulled the Power lead out of the motherboard, and it's working fine. Looks like the Power switch on my shiny new Antec Nine Hundred Two case is borked. Thankfully nothing too serious. Anyone know if this is simple to repair, or should I just return the whole case for one little switch?