Strange bootup

GuinnessGuy74

May 23, 2006
I am building a new system with a Biostar NF4SLI 939 Motherboard, Athlon64 3700+ and 2 Gigs Corsair XMS. I have a problem I was wondering any of you had any answers to.

The motherboard will boot up fine. But after any soft reset (i.e. CTRL-ALT-DEL, reset button, saving changes and exiting after CMOS setup, etc), it will not boot up. The only way to get it to boot after this happens is to shut off the power switch in the back, and wait about 2-3 mins. It will then boot up fine. If I try to turn the power on any sooner than that it wont boot.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any input.......

Thanks,

Jim

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Try clearing your CMOS. It may not help, but it's easy enough to try. It could also be a problem with your power supply or the motherboard. If possible, try another supply.

Good luck. :)

GuinnessGuy74

May 23, 2006
Thanks Harvey.....

I did try and reset the CMOS. No help. Unfortunately I do not have another power supply to test. But I have unplugged everything i can and it still doesn't help.

Rev,

I am pretty sure it is not overheating. I have both sides of the case open and I do not feel any heat. I will double check though!

Any other suggestions are appreciated......

Jim