Straightining Hair

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Ok, so this past weekend at my sister's apartment I found out that her boyfriend straightens his hair. I really never would of thought of a guy doing this but she said it is pretty normal (Metrosexual?). Is this wierd of is it just me?

Jun 4, 2005
Doesn't sound too bad. I mean, some guys have really curly hair. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a different result.

However, once he starts wearing makeup...

Oct 9, 1999
i actually straightened my hair this past week(a girl did it). i liked it but i couldn't do it everyday.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I have no need to do so, but I have gotton chastized for using a blowdryer.

I typically don't take showers in the morning, and my hair does all sorts of crazy shit while I'm asleep. If I don't blowdry, I'll have random spikes comming out of my head all day. I also gel, and if I don't blowdry up front I'll have gelified bangs (the combination of the 2 make me look like some emo with a gel fetish).

As is, I still only spend 3-7 min on my hair in the morning.

In answer to your question, yeah it's kinda weird.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
yeah, i wouldnt say that is 'normal' among men.
its weird, its not just you.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I've thought about doing that in my teens since I have that thick Asian hair (The hair on the sides of my head grow straight out, not down). I don't really care anymore.

lanielf

Feb 14, 2006
My ex tried it, but it went back to normal (curly) after 5 minutes ! but I like 'em as they are.