Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stormclocks or Imperials?

• Stormcloaks

• Imperials

• Neither, i will kill both sides and drink the blood of their townspeople!

Results are only viewable after voting.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
So am i, i hate those fking elves, not wild about the dark elves either. Im starting again and picking stormcloaks this time!

That's the sad part...both sides are detestable.

I agree with whoever posted above that the civil-war quest tree should have more branches so we can double and triple cross both sides, and still get some of the rewards, and advance the story along the way.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I believe I'm going to go Imperials; Racism REALLY turns me off

That said, there is no clear right or wrong. Both sides have their perspective and propaganda behind them. They did a beautiful job of capturing how propaganda works.

I'm going through the whole graymane vs battle born situation and they do a good job; both sides sound very convincing with their stories. Who is really right? Who isn't? It is reflective of the real world

Aug 11, 2008

That said, there is no clear right or wrong. Both sides have their perspective and propaganda behind them. They did a beautiful job of capturing how propaganda works.

I'm going through the whole graymane vs battle born situation and they do a good job; both sides sound very convincing with their stories. Who is really right? Who isn't? It is reflective of the real world

I tend to agree with cytoSIN though. Both sides are kind of detestable. Too bad there isnt a more moderate faction that really wants to do more than kill the other. I started out as Imperial, because I got there first and didnt really know what was going on. I wished that I had gone stormcloaks until I got to their castle or whatever and found out how racist they are. I may try to see if I can do some quests for each before they catch on.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002

Agreed about it being somewhat realistic, but at base, they're forcing us to choose between the Thalmor (who need no explanation of horribleness for anyone familiar to this franchise) and some racist assholes bent on ethnic cleansing. The biggest reason I chose Imperials is because it felt right for my Bosmer, and it leaves me free to kill the racists while still killing every Thalmor I come across. When I reroll eventually, I'll play a Nord and do the Stormcloak thing just to see the content. I'm sure that once the CK is released, someone will create a new faction that will allow us to play both sides off each other. Psyched for that.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Been wondering about this myself, my plan for now is to do all the side quests possible and become a Thane in every main town/city first, get all of the side quests arcs out of the way with and leave those 2 missions for near the end.

I'm purely guessing here but the fact that you can become thane in every town is probably done to give you some level of political power in the game, right now it feels like you'll eventually end up needing to sway the Jarls position on the war to essentially support whoever you decide to side with.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
I haven't heard everything about the civil war but what I have heard, I think I'll go Stormcloaks. Ya they may be pretty damn bitter towards the elves but I would to if they came in and demanded everything be conformed to their ways.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Stormcloaks all the way.Damn this game feels HUGE been playing many hours,feels like ive only scratched the surface.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2011
Stormcloaks racists? Naw.

However, every Stormcloak does carry around a picture of them and their one dark elf "friend" for street cred.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I sided with the stormcloaks because Sek hates "the man". Unfortunately, they are now "the man" and I'm picking them off wherever I can.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Stormcloaks. My nord will have his vengeance against the Imperials, whether it's in this life or the next. (puts on Gladiator)

slayernine

Jul 23, 2007
slayernine.com
Well first character was Stormcloaks, my next playthrough is definitely destined to be all about killing everything and enchantments.

Enchantments are ridiculous: Put on four items that have 25% reduction in magicka cost for destruction spells and suddenly I never run out. *WALL OF FLAMES ON EVERYTHING WEEEEEEEE*

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I'm not sure but I really hate those forsworns they are driving me crazy. And damn Sam for throwing me into that hornest net.
-
btw this game sure has a lot of quest bugs; I walk into the talos temple; and i'm thrown in jail for a murder i didn't commit. Ok - i go back to the temple later and they want to toss me back in jail but then they realize they can't so now they want to kill me :(

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I think ive probably burned my bridges with the stormcloaks considering i just sacked windhelm and killed ulfric :\

How do you kill someone who is essential to the plotline? No spoilers from me but later on isn't he supposed to be there?

I went Imperial because Ulfric murdered the high king and thrust the war upon Skyrim. Plus the Blades always protected the Emperor anyway and Tiber Septim (Talos) was the first Emperor and he was a Nord.

Last edited:

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
How do you kill someone who is essential to the plotline? No spoilers from me but later on isn't he supposed to be there?

I went Imperial because Ulfric murdered the high king and thrust the war upon Skyrim. Plus the Blades always protected the Emperor anyway and Tiber Septim (Talos) was the first Emperor and he was a Nord.

I helped the imperials win the war on my first playthrough, that's how i killed him.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I helped the imperials win the war on my first playthrough, that's how i killed him.

AHh, yeah I never finished the imperial story line lol...it's on my to do list but I'm currently suffering from eye fatigue from Zelda Skyward Sword.

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
I went Imperial because Ulfric murdered the high king and thrust the war upon Skyrim.

He didnt murder him, he challenged him in open combat (with the certainty that he would win) according to the old ways. He was trying to send a wakeup call to everyone to show that he was just a puppet of the Imperials. Or at least that was my impression from my first playthrough.

I will say I have yet to side one way or another, I dislike the racist tendencies of the stormcloaks but the damn imperials were going to behead me for no reason.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
He didnt murder him, he challenged him in open combat (with the certainty that he would win) according to the old ways. He was trying to send a wakeup call to everyone to show that he was just a puppet of the Imperials. Or at least that was my impression from my first playthrough.

I will say I have yet to side one way or another, I dislike the racist tendencies of the stormcloaks but the damn imperials were going to behead me for no reason.

Ulfric himself is just a puppet of the thalmor

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
I don't like either camp! They're all douches. Having said that, I do kill every single patrol I meet on the road(and save the prisoner). The imperials sure don't care much about anyone in Skyrim and the more I hear about Ulfric, the more I believe he's a son of a..

It's Thalmor that I enjoy killing!