Store passwords localy on chromium?

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
Good day all.
I have a question about chromium browser. I am running linux Mint and been using firefox as my default browser. Currently have 55.0.2 64-bit version installed. It glitches out when i use webmail to add attachment to the email. I get the: "Adobe flash plugin has crashed" error instead of file selection box. Anyhow, I installed chromium (not chrome) browser and it works fine with flash, but my issue is that it tries to save my passwords to google account. I want my passwords stored locally, like they are in firefox. Is there a way to force chromium not to store passwords in google account, but rather store them locally?

Thanks ahead

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Chrome (and Chromium?) stores user prefs "in the Cloud", on Google's servers, with your Google account. This is on purpose. Why don't you just remember (or write down) your passwords, and tell the browser not to save passwords at all?

(Or use LastPass, or something.)

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
Chrome (and Chromium?) stores user prefs "in the Cloud", on Google's servers, with your Google account. This is on purpose. Why don't you just remember (or write down) your passwords, and tell the browser not to save passwords at all?

(Or use LastPass, or something.)
Because i have 13 character random password for my web-mail and i switch accounts often.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have chromium, and don't store anything with google. I only have it installed for testing purposes, so I'm not that familiar with it, but I didn't do anything special to set it up that way.

If I remember, I'll poke around when I get to work. I would suggest using a mail client like thunderbird. It has advantages you don't get with webmail.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Looking at the chromium options, are you "signed in" to a chromium account(first selection in options)? If so, try signing out. Also, under advanced settings/manage passwords, try setting it to [on].

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
Thank you all for the informative suggestions. I ended up fixing the problem in a somewhat backwards manner... uninstalled flash. I had to use chromium, because one particular site (my webmail) would bug-out in firefox. Uninstalling flash defaults it to HTML version and bug is gone.