Stop the midget conspiracy.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Throw off the shackles of oppression brought on from little people! Support computer companies that make computer parts for normal sized people. I'm interrested in companies that make motherboards, cases, etc that are large enough for normal sized people's hands when upgrading parts. I'm tired of breaking poorly built motherboards designed for the hands of midgets and three year olds. Anyone have any companies they would like to recommend?

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
link]

and i don't think midgets have small appendages. Mini Me seems to have chubby fingers.

"EEeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Go find an old radio and have fun with the vacuum tubes. ;)

I have pretty large hands, and IMO, the problem is not tight spaces but sharp edges. I've almost never had a problem working on computers except for cutting myself up on the edges.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: KingNothing
Go find an old radio and have fun with the vacuum tubes. ;)

I have pretty large hands, and IMO, the problem is not tight spaces but sharp edges. I've almost never had a problem working on computers except for cutting myself up on the edges.

I have problems with that too, but trying to move jumpers or remove a heatsink from a socket 370 cpu seems to be a pain also.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
If you can't find enough space in a Lian Li PC 70 case then I don't know what to tell you.

Nice. Ill have to order one of those as soon as they are a reasonable price. Now I need a motherboard with everything atleast 2 inches from the other breakable things...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Addtronics. Big. Real big.
Oh, and heat sinks with springs on the clips instead of just straight tension clips are a god send.

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
I have to agree with your rant n0cmonkey. I just spent 30 minutes trying to change a jumper on the back of a cd-rom drive (from slave to master) because I didn't want to have to unscrew everything on the case, remove the front bezel, the four screws holiding aforementioned drive in, to slide it out and switch the jumper. (Which is what I ended up doing anyway... Grrrrrr) Then, even with the d*mn thing in hand, I had to use a pair of tweezers to pull the jumper off.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Heh.. I used to have an old NuBus (for Mac) 10Base-2 ethernet card that was enormous. Seriously, the thing had a couple of tubes on it.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Oh, and buy a good set of PC repair tools. They usually have some "tight spaces" tools in them that assist those of us who are all thumbs. Tweezers and part retreivers are invaluable.