STOP signing up for these silly download sites.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Complain to the game publishers who are too cheap to subsidize the bandwidth costs. TANSTAAFL somebody's got to pay.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: notfred
The UT2k4 demo is on suprnova, along with most everything else you might want, no registration is required.

just went to this site and they want full name, valid email, and passwords. No registration? I don't think so.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
File planet doesnt work in Opera.

Part of the problem is fockers using download accelerators. Stop using download accelerators.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: prvteye2003
Originally posted by: notfred
The UT2k4 demo is on suprnova, along with most everything else you might want, no registration is required.

just went to this site and they want full name, valid email, and passwords. No registration? I don't think so.
Try suprnova.org

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
so where did you get the UT demo from then?
I found a site that didn't try to feed it to me dry. I just tried to get painkiller and far cry, and neither of them in the 4 mintues I spent trying of each could get me a demo without signing in. I guess they don't want me to demo the game.

I guess I'll have to use BT for both of these POS games ;0
It's kinda hard for an "ati guy" . . .

. . . but . . .

nvidia.com has NO sign up and some pretty fast servers (for the latest and greatest game demos). :)

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What Bittorrent clients does everyone use? Shadow kinda sucks..... It keeps sucking up my CPU even with the newest version.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
We need an AT bt site... anyone know how I can set one up? I'll set one up and get a few users from here to admin it

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
We need an AT bt site... anyone know how I can set one up? I'll set one up and get a few users from here to admin it

You want to set up an AT tracker, go right ahead. Information available online at places such as Filesoup.com and other such places. I'm game. :)

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga

We use to have something like that. Mods eventually caught on that it was 90% warez and shut it down.
anyone remember that?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Chadder007
What Bittorrent clients does everyone use? Shadow kinda sucks..... It keeps sucking up my CPU even with the newest version.

Ditto for Azurius. Only a 1000MHz system though... But, plenty of RAM (768MB)