Stop posting this 9/11 conspiracy bull$*@%

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I just re-watched those Popular Mechanics/Loose Change debates yesterday afternoon. Always good for a laugh since those Loose Change tools get owned completely. Plus I love how much Bermas is such a little b!tch.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: DrPizza
In response to the arguments that it fell as fast as free-fall - you're right! It *IS* a government conspiracy. They have a super-gravity machine that was used to accelerate debris that broke off the building at a greater rate so that it would fall faster than the building. /sarcasm

Watch a video of the collapse again. Note the debris raining down - it falls faster than the building. Now... tell me again, your calculations show that the building accelerated as fast as free-fall? Either your calculations are wrong, you timed it wrong, or the government really does have a super-gravity machine. Probably the middle problem.

Marked as the answer

No, actually it?s a silly brain-police thing, as if childishly arrogating to himself the role of some kind of misguided crusading defender of whatever?s stamped "official explanation." As if he knows the real story, and that he's trying get some self-validation as a clique leader, trying to co-opt you into shutting down your mind, going back to sleep, going back to bovinely chewing your cud.

And the mode in comments like that is: ridicule. ?Don't dare think about anything questioningly or you?ll be alone outside the safety of our herd, and the subject of personal ridicule.?

It's a stupid, indefensible, immature and frankly, unpatriotic and subversive posture. That "blinders-on" attitude is how our country very well could be lost, as in "Patriot Act."

When people temporarily transform into gutter snipes as in the above, tossing catcalls and ridicule like that, they're behaving as idiots and fools.

Crusading to actively stamp out any inquiry or discussion is reminiscent of storm troopers. We repeatedly see it in vigorous attempts to kill discussion of several topics here, like 911, ufos, religion, etc.

The noble course is for you to stand firm against such wrongheaded efforts to suppress discussion, as expressed above!

Go ahead and look! Examine! Ask questions! Exercise your balanced critical thinking! Be strong!

Don?t yield to those who actively reach out and try to kill inquiry, trying to use ridicule to make subjects taboo! The instant anyone raises any queastion, they try to fall on you with catcalls of tin hat conspiracy theory, even if you only questioned, and didn't whisper a word about any conspiracy. He may be a mod "there" but in this instance he's a real idiot "here." Sorry 'bout that, but true.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/scott/strength.jpg

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: scott
In response to the arguments that it fell as fast as free-fall - you're right! It *IS* a government conspiracy. They have a super-gravity machine that was used to accelerate debris that broke off the building at a greater rate so that it would fall faster than the building. /sarcasm

Watch a video of the collapse again. Note the debris raining down - it falls faster than the building. Now... tell me again, your calculations show that the building accelerated as fast as free-fall? Either your calculations are wrong, you timed it wrong, or the government really does have a super-gravity machine. Probably the middle problem.

Marked as the answer

No, actually it?s a silly brain-police thing, as if childishly arrogating to himself the role of some kind of misguided crusading defender of whatever?s stamped "official explanation." As if he knows the real story, and that he's trying get some self-validation as a clique leader, trying to co-opt you into shutting down your mind, going back to sleep, going back to bovinely chewing your cud.

And the mode in comments like that is: ridicule. ?Don't dare think about anything questioningly or you?ll be alone outside the safety of our herd, and the subject of personal ridicule.?

It's a stupid, indefensible, immature and frankly, unpatriotic and subversive posture. That "blinders-on" attitude is how our country very well could be lost, as in "Patriot Act."

When people temporarily transform into gutter snipes as in the above, tossing catcalls and ridicule like that, they're behaving as idiots and fools.

Crusading to actively stamp out any inquiry or discussion is reminiscent of storm troopers. We repeatedly see it in vigorous attempts to kill discussion of several topics here, like 911, ufos, religion, etc.

The noble course is for you to stand firm against such wrongheaded efforts to suppress discussion, as expressed above!

Go ahead and look! Examine! Ask questions! Exercise your balanced critical thinking! Be strong!

Don?t yield to those who actively reach out and try to kill inquiry, trying to use ridicule to make subjects taboo! The instant anyone raises any queastion, they try to fall on you with catcalls of tin hat conspiracy theory, even if you only questioned, and didn't whisper a word about any conspiracy. He may be a mod "there" but in this instance he's a real idiot "here." Sorry 'bout that, but true.

There's a difference between suppressing the questioning of official versions of events, and the crap purveyed by LC, which quite frankly is a complete load of crap.

IMHO :eek:

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Originally posted by: dug777

< cut >

There's a difference between suppressing the questioning of official versions of events, and the crap purveyed by LC, which quite frankly is a complete load of crap.

dug777,

What is "LC?"

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006

< cut >

dug777,

What is "LC?"

Loose Change

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TruePaige

< cut >

dug777,

What is "LC?"

Loose Change

Well I've never seen that "LC" movie but the thing that makes me mad is somebody actively trying to ridicule others with the clear motive of destroying any questioning or discussion like some nazi, which is what I percieved in DrPizza's spoutings.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003

Marked as the answer

I'm hardly the one to blindly accept something, and to be honest don't really like authority in general. But I don't believe any of that conspiracy bullshit. It's insane.

In hindsight I think the government sorta ignored the signs and the different agencies didn't communicate as well as they could've, but in no way do I think they orchesrated it or let it happen.

Watch that Loose Change video... it's fscking ridiculous.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
Originally posted by: clamum

< cut >
I'm hardly the one to blindly accept something, and to be honest don't really like authority in general. But I don't believe any of that conspiracy bullshit. It's insane.

In hindsight I think the government sorta ignored the signs and the different agencies didn't communicate as well as they could've, but in no way do I think they orchesrated it or let it happen.

Watch that Loose Change video... it's fscking ridiculous.

No thank you, but I have read and heard a bit of David Ray Griffin who lives here in my hometown, and I find a lot of the questions he raises cogent and provocative.

In my above rant I'm not even talking at all about the subject of 911.

All I am talking about the wrongness of willful suppression of thought and discussion by ridicule.

Now I regret saying anything against the person of DrPizza, I'm sorry. It's not the person, but it's the attitude which he expressed that I have a problem with. I've got a real hot button re: that kind of thing I guess.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
THE OP IS WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT AS PART OF THEIR COVERUP CAMPAIGN!!!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

All I am talking about the wrongness of willful suppression of thought and discussion by ridicule.

Now I regret saying anything against the person of DrPizza, I'm sorry. It's not the person, but it's the attitude which he expressed that I have a problem with. I've got a real hot button re: that kind of thing I guess.
there isn't any suppression of thought and discussion. when this stuff first started appearing, it was looked at, and debunked. once debunked, however, that wasn't the end of it. no, people continually come in here and post the same stuff over and over again. it gets debunked some more, but the really hardcore people refuse to acknowledge the debunking. when people refuse to participate in the discussion when presented with concrete facts, instead continuing to bleat their conspiracy theory, they should be ridiculed. but they can still post.

just like if someone does something like not taking their dog to the vet before asking AT what is wrong with their dog.

that you're taking the word of a theologian who hasn't examined anything over the work of hundreds of engineers will open you up to ridicule.

i've just started skimming his article. it appears he just bleats on the same thing that loose change did. debunked again and again.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
LMAO. So if a missile hit the Pentagon instead of Flight 77, then what happened to its 64 passengers and crew?

The problem with Conspiracy Theorists is that THEY are the brainwashed sheep believing what they're told. Anyone else with a brain can see that the dust fell faster than the buildings, can know that 20,000+ gallons of kerosene can cause fires hot enough to weaken steel (hell, we know that steel can be melted!!), etc.
True, the government stories don't all add up, but to believe wholesale the unscientific nonsense of the Conspiracy Theorists is just to prove yourself an idiot.

Now... what happened to the 64 passengers on Flight 77?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: AnitaPeterson
Two words for you:

Building Seven.

You mean the one with the large electrical substation and 12,000 gallons of diesel fuel inside it that was severely damaged and set on fire by the collapse of the North Tower?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
LMAO. So if a missile hit the Pentagon instead of Flight 77, then what happened to its 64 passengers and crew?

The problem with Conspiracy Theorists is that THEY are the brainwashed sheep believing what they're told. Anyone else with a brain can see that the dust fell faster than the buildings, can know that 20,000+ gallons of kerosene can cause fires hot enough to weaken steel (hell, we know that steel can be melted!!), etc.
True, the government stories don't all add up, but to believe wholesale the unscientific nonsense of the Conspiracy Theorists is just to prove yourself an idiot.

Now... what happened to the 64 passengers on Flight 77?

Those passengers were in on it as well and are living the high life in the same bunker they hold elvis in.
*spooky music*

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Conspiracy theorists: "we knew before you guys!"

The rest of us: "we don't give a flying fvck if you did... you're still a wack job."

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
Two words for you:

Building Seven.

You mean the one with the large electrical substation and 12,000 gallons of diesel fuel inside it that was severely damaged and set on fire by the collapse of the North Tower?

:laugh:

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Two words for you:

Building Seven.

One word for you: Pittsburgh.

That is the place where they used to use fire on a daily basis to "melt steel".

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Scott, the attitude that may have been expressed in my post comes from frustration. The time it took to fall is not the same as freefall, yet the conspiracy theorists keep pointing to it. They keep recycling through about 100 invalid points that they can come up with. As soon as the 1st is debunked, they move onto #2. Then 3, then 4... When they run out on their 100th point, they decide to revisit their points again and go back to point 1. How many times do you expect us to show them why they're wrong before we eventually get irritated by their attempts?? If they want to come up with something new that hasn't been debunked yet, then go right on ahead... If they want to suggest that GWB gave OBL twenty bucks to orchestrate the plan, then go right on ahead.

But, (and I think I speak for many of us,) we're sick of hearing the same crap spewed over and over... Sure, maybe there IS a conspiracy, and I'd be happy to engage in an intelligent conversation about it. But restating things that have been proven time and again to be false just irritates the heck out of the rest of us. We've got better things to do with our time, and just maybe, if the conspiracy theorists would finally realize that they're wrong about, ohhhhhh, virtually ever detail they've suggested, then maybe they could get on to being more productive and actually making a real difference somewhere.

Let me put it another way... I know of at least a half dozen ways to prove that 1 + 1 = 3. Each has some sort of fatal flaw in it (such as a hidden divide by zero error). If I went to a college professor and said, "Hey, I just discovered that 1 + 1 = 3," then the first time, he might go through my proof with me and kindly point out the mistake. The next day, he might again kindly show me the flaw in the next proof. But, by the 6th or 7th day, he's going to say "look, 1 + 1 = 2, got it? Now gtfo of my office." In the case of the conspiracy theorists, they don't give up... they'd go through 50 proofs, then on the 51st day, reattempt proof #1. Or, they would state in general, "well, there's only a minor flaw in each of these 50 proofs. So, I'm pretty sure that somehow 1 + 1 = 3."