Stop it with Ron Paul threads. I'm serious. I'm emailing Anand.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Can we have enough already? He says a lot of things that make sense, but come on he never had a chance and never will. I currently have 12 threads on my street (not including stickies) and SIX of them are RP threads. This is insane. I am going to email Anand to ask him to personally put a rule in the database for these forums that will disallow any posting to any thread about Ron Paul for 24 hours. Let us get a grip. Now that we've had some voting, nobody can pretend RP has a chance.

---

OK. I let this go for awhile, and now, it looks like it could turn into YARPT. :p

Harvey
Senior AT Mod

Mavtek3100

Jan 15, 2008
Ron Paul came in 2nd in Nevada and 2nd in Louisiana, he is 3rd in delegates. He will be on the television tonight, in a debate. He currently has just as much chance as anyone else in a brokered convention. So no it's not over, quit pretending like you know what's really going on, because I assure you, you don't.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I had to laugh (in good humour) at this thread. :)

All of the dumbassery that you find in those threads aside, it's good that a lot of (predominantly young) people are getting interesting in a candidate - any candidate. And maybe some of the other candidates are even listening to some of the opinions Ron Paul has that have struck a chord. Maybe one day the Republicans will return to the idea of fiscal conservatism. Of course, it's more likely that they'll pick up something idiotic like "shut down the Fed!"

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I'm still dreaming of the day of the presidential election, between Hillary and McCain, and the diebold machines call the election to Paul with 88% of the votes. :p

BTW, Skoorb, you do know this is YARPT, right? :D

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: bamacre
I'm still dreaming of the day of the presidential election, between Hillary and McCain, and the diebold machines call the election to Paul with 88% of the votes. :p

AHAHAHA, I hope it happens! :D

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Mavtek3100
Ron Paul came in 2nd in Nevada and 2nd in Louisiana, he is 3rd in delegates. He will be on the television tonight, in a debate. He currently has just as much chance as anyone else in a brokered convention. So no it's not over, quit pretending like you know what's really going on, because I assure you, you don't.

Its on MSNBC if anyone wants to watch it. Started at 9 eastern.

Mavtek3100

Jan 15, 2008
Yes, it's unreported, but there are more people who volunteered to be RP delegates in both Nevada and Louisiana, so yes.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: bamacre
Paul is 3rd in delegates?

no, that isn't accurate, Thompson has more than RP and he is out

only Romney, Huckabee and McCain have double digits in delegate count

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I'm watching this. I'm very troubled by McCain's talk about threats from Saddamn and huckabee who is, unbelievably--I mean how the fvck--using the same rhetoric from Feb/03. He said that just because a person cannot find all the easter eggs (analogy to WMD) doesn't mean they are not there? Romeny is thankfully a bit more critical of the whole thing but only Ron Paul did tell it how it was--and received a very loud applause for it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I just wish they were all semi-limited to one thread.

but the anti-RPbots are just as much to blame as the RPbots themselves.