Stock market plummets.......

maximus

Banned
May 7, 2000
the stock market just dropped dramtically when the democrats announced they were going to drag this out as long as possible

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It also dropped when they thought Bush had won. The world markets dropped on news Bush won. The world believes that a Bush presidency will start inflation and the devaluation of currancy. Get a clue before you start blaming this or that on such and such.;)

SHUX

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Its been dropping since the opening bell. Wall street does not like unknowns. The future is now unknown.

Great buying opurtunity for the savvy investor. ;)

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Once again, the parties clearly show their disregard for the welbeing of the country. Had the tables been turned, I'm sure the Bush camp would have done the same thing..... "Screw the country damn it, I want to win this, at any cost!". Argh. :(

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
"WHO" Do you want to clean it up shux? :)

Anyway, thats nothing. A week or two ago the TSE (primary stock index in canada) dropped about 8%, so don't worry. Buy stocks!

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< &quot;WHO&quot; Do you want to clean it up shux? >>

Anyone! Somebody has to do &quot;the right thing&quot;.

SHUX

Damn you E*Trade, where are those deposit slips?!?!?!?!?

Someone post on hot deals, &quot;All NASDAQ stocks 15% off!&quot;

fragarific

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
Wall street are all sissies! OH, OH, my money is all gone! Boo, hoo, they knew what they were getting into by putting their money into a short-term bet.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I wouldn't worry its a short term burp.
Once the wheels are back on the cart it will start moving again.
Maybe up or down its still the market after all.
I'm long term buy and hold investor and won't really care for about another 30yrs.

Digobick

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
<< It also dropped when they thought Bush had won. The world markets dropped on news Bush won. The world believes that a Bush presidency will start inflation and the devaluation of currancy. Get a clue before you start blaming this or that on such and such. >>

And you would know this because? Do you represent the views of the world? Please post a link where it says the entire world believes that a Bush presidency would hurt the U.S. I mean, how hard can it be to sit up there and look pretty? ;)

Seriously though, the NYSE was closed when people thought Bush had won, and was also closed when people found out he hadn't (&quot;Indecision 2000&quot; - Comedy Central was right all along). My opinion (not the World's), is that the market realizes that no matter who is elected, they don't like either one. :)