Stewart goes on Fox and hits bullseyes

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Stewart loses just as much credibility claiming the main stream media doesn’t have a liberal bias.

No he doesn't. Way to invoke false equivalency though. The "Liberal MSM" is nothing but a red herring used by those whose prefer to change the facts to fit their views, instead of the other way around.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
22305252.jpg

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
No he doesn't. Way to invoke false equivalency though. The "Liberal MSM" is nothing but a red herring used by those whose prefer to change the facts to fit their views, instead of the other way around.

"Liberal MSM is nothing but a red herring" That's a good one. Tell another.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
"Liberal MSM is nothing but a red herring" That's a good one. Tell another.

The liberal media is a myth that's primarily used to further a culture of perpetual victimhood on the right. While it's been a long time since I saw this interview, I'm pretty sure that Jon Stewart specifically mentions this victimhood campaign.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The liberal media is a myth that's primarily used to further a culture of perpetual victimhood on the right. While it's been a long time since I saw this interview, I'm pretty sure that Jon Stewart specifically mentions this victimhood campaign.

A liberal media myth busting article among hundreds via google targeting talk radio, which is one of, if not the most influential political media outlets:

http://www.completecampaigns.com/article.asp?articleid=88

And besides, while the Repubs were leaning further and further right since Reagan took office, everybody else pretty much remained status quo in their political views. This rather steep transition the Repubs went through is now affecting how they view themselves and where they stand in comparison to everyone else. So it's pretty logical to assume that since the Repubs have veered far to the right, to them everyone else seems poisonously liberal, including the media, when in fact it's only the Repubs that have changed so much. This recent pull to the far right has required them to also redefine what the current definition of being conservative AND being liberal is.

Witness how moderate Repubs were replaced enmasse with far right leaning legislators in recently held State/Federal elections as an example.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Why is it that multiple partisans and ideologies can agree the media in this country is a joke but yet can't address the issue? Is it because they watch the rancor that is our political process Packaged as entertainment?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
TV "news" is just entertainment. It has replaced Oprah, Springer, Etc for the stay-at-homers.

Educated people get their news from multiple local and international sources.