Steve Wynn, Hotel Mogul, explains Roy Tiger Incident

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
interesting, and does seem possible. since in a real attack the tiger bite on a human neck would simply crush every bone in his neck and roy would be no more. a bit i found odd from the initial stories. hopefully this is confirmed.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Yeah, if Montecore wanted Roy dead, he'd have been dead within seconds. I guess it was just a big accident after all.

We are hearing stories that Montecore was interested in that ladies perfume and that what brought him over from his usual spot on stage.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
:(

That is really sad.

I don't really know anything about them, but I am glad he lived.

The poor tiger though.. If she had only grabbed him by the arm and drug him or something.. It's one thing for her to carry a cub, but she must've had to bite too hard to drag the weight of an adult.. and it just happened to go through a major artery. I really hope they don't do anything to the tiger.. I'm sure she feels just as bad as anybody.

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Montecore got down on all fours and puts his 26-inch head four inches away from of the woman"

Why is the tiger even allowed to get so dam close to the audience? Shouldn't there be a moat or something separating the tigers from the audience?

-patchy

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
I think Siegfried also said the same thing, that the tiger was trying to protect Roy.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
I think it's pretty obvious his explanation is what happened. If he had been attacking Roy, his neck would have been mangled, and probably snapped almost instantly. The damage to that artery was a simple puncture wound that likely resulted from the tiger having to use too much force to carry the weight of Roy. The artery that was punctured is in the same position as where a baby tiger would have been picked up by the scruff of the neck.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
The tiger was brought up by Siegfried and Roy, it was merely acting out what it saw behind those closed doors. Why do you think your dog humps your leg? :D

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
The tiger was brought up by Siegfried and Roy, it was merely acting out what it saw behind those closed doors. Why do you think your dog humps your leg? :D

Hmmm...so they pick each other up by the neck with their mouths and drag themselves around the house? :p

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: ApacheXMD
"Montecore got down on all fours and puts his 26-inch head four inches away from of the woman"

Why is the tiger even allowed to get so dam close to the audience? Shouldn't there be a moat or something separating the tigers from the audience?

-patchy

LOLOL a moat.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
According to one of their old assistant trainers on one of the talking head shows: Tigers like to eat in solitude; "Roy was food."

They'll find evey reason on Earth to NOT say tigers are wild animals, and sometimes they revert to natural instinct. Not too mention the enivitable "Endangerment" lawsuits that'll pop up from former audience members ... it's in their interest to suppress any discussion of how much potential danger the close-up audience really was in all those years.

Scott

Yes. I haven't commented in any of the Roy Attacked threads, because this was my thought from the beginning. If the tiger had really wanted to 'maul' Roy, he could have just snapped his body in half. He was trying to protect him from something, and that was evidenced by his 'gentle' handling of Mr. Horn.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Siegfried also said the tiger was trying to protect Roy. Hope he recovers quickly. I don't think they'll do anything to the tiger.

Siegfried Says Tiger Was Trying to Help

The illusionist tripped and the tiger lunged, grabbing Horn's arm, Fischbacher said. After Horn tried to free himself by hitting the tiger on the head with a microphone, the 600-pound animal took hold of his neck and then dragged him offstage. Show workers set off fire extinguishers backstage to distract the tiger, which then scurried to his cage.

Fischbacher said the tiger didn't intend to kill Horn. If that was the case, he said, "I wouldn't be here, Roy wouldn't be here."

According to Fischbacher, Horn muttered after the attack: "Don't harm the cat."

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: jumpr
Yes. I haven't commented in any of the Roy Attacked threads, because this was my thought from the beginning. If the tiger had really wanted to 'maul' Roy, he could have just snapped his body in half. He was trying to protect him from something, and that was evidenced by his 'gentle' handling of Mr. Horn.

Roy was not going to be "food" as someone said here.

If the cat was attacking Roy he would've shaken him as many said.

With the News coming out of the "Big haired lady" and Roy falling backwards because of a stuck leash supports that the Cat was in fact trying to "protect" Roy. Unfortunately two teeth sank into the Human's soft skin.

Roy could've been fine if not for the Stroke. He could've died immediately from punctured Carotid artery.

It's just an unfortunate accident.

Man is too small playing with big animals and have to expect something to happen at some point. It was due to happen.