Steve Novick for Senate

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
At first I thought this guy was a fringe candidate, but I see he's gotten some major endorsements and is a leading candidate for the Democratic nomination in Oregon. Check out his ads:

A Beer with Steve Novick
To Tell the Truth

He's 4'9", and has 1 hand. Certainly not a typical candidate, but he has a great message.

I like the "going against the typical" campaign commercial idea too. Seems like something people will be attracted to this year.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Slick5150

I like the "going against the typical" campaign commercial idea too. Seems like something people will be attracted to this year.

This is great, SNL can fire their political writers now :p

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I never have been a big fan of Gordon Smith. He plays like a moderate but has neo-con written all over him.

He also has $4,448,803 cash on hand.

I also note he sponsored legislation for the elimination of duties on footwear - and so happened to receive $37,400 from Nike.

And that he co-sponsored a bill for updating Medicare payments for dialysis treatments - and so happened to receive $40,250 from DaVita Inc (dialysis equipment maker) and from Blue Cross/Blue Shield: $37,500.

Yah gotta pay to play with the big boys in the Senate :disgust:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He doesn't have a chance. Smith is well-liked here in Oregon with a strong base and a lot of money.