Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by AudioTruth, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vshah

vshah Lifer

Lol @ the pictures of that Styrofoam stuff on EVERYTHING

2. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

Alien crystals that magically clean a line-level signal? That's almost as bad as Mpingo discs and Shakti Stones.

3. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

#78 sdifox, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

[​IMG]

5. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

It's like we crossed over to Scientology.

6. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

A few people have been saying that for a while now...

7. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

Looks like he sells a GroundHanger "rock" that is hung from an unused RCA output plug. It supposedly generates a "0.06mA suction force" (huh?) that drains noise through an unused RCA output plug. Retails for $1495, and on Audiogon for your pleasure. Just... wow. :D

8. Fardringle

Fardringle Diamond Member

If you want a REALLY effective crystal power cord that will give you a wristgasm (even better than an eargasm) I highly recommend this one and it will only cost you $15 - marked all the way down from Patrick's 'retail' price of $80,000. As a side benefit, if you hang it over your ear it will have just as much of an effect on the audio quality from your sound system as Patrick's $80K cables will..

9. Deders

Deders Platinum Member

I remember watching a video of someone interviewing people waiting in the queue for the 2nd ipad 2 with the higher res screen, showing them what they thought was the new product but was in fact the old one, most of them swore that it had a clearer picture.

10. rommelrommel

rommelrommel Platinum Member

Doesn't cost enough, won't work.

11. StrangerGuy

StrangerGuy Diamond Member

The audiophile business is already an organized religion where beliefs can somehow change the laws of physics.

12. Fardringle

But it's discounted from the "real" price of $80,000. It's just a super special deal for those who are still skeptics about the possibility of true wristgasms. Once they experience their wristgasm they'll be so overcome that they'll recommend it to all of their friends, and then we'll sell it to all of their friends at the real price so we can make back our investment on research and development within the next 50 years.

13. rommelrommel

rommelrommel Platinum Member

Hmm, I'm almost convinced but what if one of my friends finds out that I really only paid 15 bucks for it? I'd be laughed right off of Audiogon :(

14. Fardringle

That is a very good point. I neglected to mention that anyone receiving the discounted price will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement with their own blood. Anyone who breaks the NDA will be reported to the aliens that created the crystals that break our laws of physics and the aliens will remotely alter the crystal formula so that it gives you the wristgasm equivalent of a kick in the crotch with a spiked boot every five minutes for the rest of your life.

So you can feel happy and confident knowing that nobody else will ever know how little you paid for your $80,000 value wristgasm inducing crystal power cable.

(I actually didn't - entirely - make this part up. If you go to Patrick's web site, on the left there's an item that actually says that anyone getting a discount has to sign an NDA about the price they paid..)

15. A5

A5 Diamond Member

I reported this thread when it was first posted. Sad to see the mods left it.

16. Railgun

Railgun Golden Member

Why? If you don't like it, move along.

17. poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy Lifer

[​IMG]

#92 poofyhairguy, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  18. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

Customers say my VibraPortal is better than Shakti Stones, and my SeaShell BlackRain is better than Mpingo discs. For a lower price.

Also, my GroundHanger is better than Acoustic Revive RGC-24 Ground Conditioner ($800), also for a lower price.
    I have owned 11 pieces of the RGC-24, it took only one day of DIY to make something better.
    [​IMG]

19. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

The power of suggestion is well, powerful. Though at least there's a clear difference between the two when you place them side by side.

Power cords, not so much. What these "audiophile" cords promise defies the laws of physics. I doubt even hooked up to a sensitive oscilloscope you'd see any difference.

20. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The power of suggestion is stronger the other way. It's easier to ignore differences between cables. But to hear a difference requires a lot of experience, practice and concentration.

21. gorb

gorb Senior member

didn't realize that avsforum troll was trolling here too lol

22. Pacfanweb

Pacfanweb Lifer

Also known as 'imagination'.

23. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

If it was imagination, I would have realized it after 40000 hours of experimentation and blind testing. There is no doubt that power cables give differences in sound.
    When being fatigued or stressed, the hearing becomes worse and the differences become smaller and harder to detect. But when being well rested, the differences are night and day. It takes a lot of practice to know what state of mind you need to have in order to hear the biggest differences.

24. SyndromeOCZ

SyndromeOCZ Senior member

So basically what your saying is that you need to have a few alcoholic beverages to make your music sound better? 80k could get you a mega * ton of decent booze.

25. kornphlake

kornphlake Golden Member

The biggest difference is what you can hear regardless of your state of mind. Speakers and the quality of the recording are the biggest difference and anybody can hear the differences any time of day or night regardless of what power cable you choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.