Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k power cables for ransom

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by AudioTruth, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

... You are saying your power cable can clean up power, that is exactly what you are saying...

2. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

3. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

So your site is decrying the 1000% markup on cables -- yet you're marketing a power cable that is almost certainly marked up more than 10000%?

4. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

I have it marked up at 1000%, but selling for 1/10th of the price. So I don't make any overall profits during the future 50 years. After 50 years, I should have got the money back that I invested.

5. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

Patrick you should face off alky. It will be epic.

6. DAGTA

DAGTA Diamond Member

Have you contacted Bose? They may be interested in marketing your new super-cables.

7. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

So you're marketing the cable at $80000, but selling at $8000? And with a projected average build cost of $8000 per cable?

8. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

Nah. Bose would take garden-variety 18-guage (if you're lucky) lamp cord, add Bose labeling to the cable jacket, and proclaim them to be "innovative" and "the only thing that'll give you maximum performance from your Bose speaker system". Then sell them for $100 to the masses who think they're stylin' with their itty-bitty little Bose plastic cubes with 3-inch "full range" tweeter and particle-board fartbox. (Okay, slight exaggeration... but not by much.)

#58 skriefal, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. rommelrommel

rommelrommel Platinum Member

So basically you not only fail at physics, you fail at math and marketing as well?

10. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

Not build cost. Only development and research cost from past tweaking and experimentation. I don't include cost of building materials into the price, I give material for free. It's the crystal formula that costs the most, like a chef that is cooking food.
    I have calculated that I get back my investment after 50 years with the prices I have now.

11. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

You don't need to know physics, math or marketing when building cables, you only need the ears.

12. stormkroe

stormkroe Golden Member

This thread is epic. I'm sold, I guess my only question is what Thetan level do I have to be at to buy these?

13. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

I wouldn't buy a $500 video card without some benchmarking being applied to validating what it can do. Are you telling me that someone's ear can distinguish the effects of a power cord but not with measuring equipment?

14. uhohs

uhohs Diamond Member

patrick's ears are capable of hearing the farts of butterflies.

15. rommelrommel

rommelrommel Platinum Member

trolololololol

Maybe that's why you didn't know if your magical power cable made out of god's braided pubic hair could blow the guys tubes or not?

You may want to work on your math and marketing tho if you plan on selling these... 50 year break even point assuming that you can find suckers for the next half century... lol

That's the entire premise of all the audiofools... that neither testing equipment nor ABx testing nor physics is sufficient to detect the differences between a 20hz-20khz signal.

None of these guys can tell the difference between coathangers and their favorite speaker cable if they can't see which is hooked up to which. How the hell could they distinguish between what the last 3 feet of 120v AC power came through?

16. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

If the goal of the power cable is to alter the flavor of sound to give eargasms, then it must be designed by ear. Measuring equipment cannot design eargasms, the equipment doesn't know what it is.

17. blotto

blotto Senior member

Stop saying eargasm, it's kind of creepy.

18. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

The suckers are the ones who don't buy. They miss out on the audio experience of a lifetime. It's sort of like losing your virginity, but better. When I lost my virginity when I was 26 years old, it wasn't a pleasant experience. But with audio cables, it was heaven.

That's the magazine reviewers you are talking about. They make themselves believe that the most expensive cable has the best sound. But they are all equal in performance (data), but give different flavors. Some audiophiles will enjoy the coathangers the best, while others enjoy silver or gold. I like copper with crystals.

19. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

Do you grow your own copper sulphate crystals?

20. stormkroe

stormkroe Golden Member

Man you were doing so good, why did you have to overtroll? You just killed my suspension of disbelief. Good run though. You're good at it, you should close this account and open a new one with a new story.

Thanks for the laughs :)

21. Phanuel

Phanuel Platinum Member

And this just turned into a L&R thread...

22. AudioTruth

AudioTruth Member

I never troll. I will show proof. When I get my cables back from reviewer, I will make a youtube video where I open up the box! It will also show that they came delivered from USA.

23. scootermaster

scootermaster Platinum Member

This is why AT needs "reps".

Well done, sir!

24. vshah

vshah Lifer

oh man, your site is hilarious:

25. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

Another good one:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.