Stephanie Tubbs Jones goes crazy on NPR (On Point w/ Tom Ashbrook)

teiresias

Oct 16, 1999
On Point is one of the NPR shows I download as podcasts so I'm always a day behind, so I apologize if this was brought up before, but I think it's a crazy listen. It's pretty civil up until the last ten minutes or so where Tubbs goes stark raving mad and shows the true colors of how desperate the Clinton camp and her supporters have become after Tuesday.

The absolute delusion exhibited by the Hillary-camp people on here was pretty crazy, but Tubbs takes the cake near the end of the show. It made me even more mad as she basically laughed at people while trying to be "polite" to them at the same time - up until the end.

The last stretch of the show basically showed she was all talk whenever she tried to say anything about uniting the party. I cannot believe how crazy these people seem now.

Link to the episode's page on the On Point website.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Phokus
Wasn't i right sirjonk? Hillary supporters do meth ;)

I'm sure some do. Obama's more elite fans prefer the white powder.

What I'm surprised at is that there are reports of super delegates coming out for Hillary NOW. I think they are the ones that need to be tested for chemical substances.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk

What I'm surprised at is that there are reports of super delegates coming out for Hillary NOW. I think they are the ones that need to be tested for chemical substances.

:thumbsup:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Hehe... When I hear Hillary call Obama an elitist I imagine her throwing bricks of money down on him from her ivory tower. Actually it would be better described if they were throwing bricks of money at each other from adjacent ivory towers. Hate to break it to 'Joe 6 pack' but everyone in the race is an elitist. :laugh:

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
She basically let her emotions get the best of her. She was doing fine in the beginning but started getting irrationally angry at Joe Andrew. I'm guessing she felt alone in her opinion since there were quite a few supporters of Obama on the show and decided to get defensive.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
To those who are listening and get bored, fast forward to about 30 minutes into it, and listen to the remaining ~17 minutes. Hilarious.

schdaddy

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
"Are you the one that didn't want to have anyone talk over you, I can't remember" <-- fucking priceless

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: lupi

:thumbsup:

More like tested for greenbacks.

Oct 30, 2004
I like On Point too and especially the Bryant Park Project. (If you haven't heard the Bryant Park Project show, you should go listen to it at NPR.org.) Hooray for NRP archives on the Internet.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Thanks for wasting my time, I listened to this crap expecting to hear some kind of argument and I heard no such thing. Total bore, don't waste your time people. Tubbs barely raises her voice. Maybe this is considered lively for NPR? Hah.

OP is just another person who thinks anyone that's not an Obama fanboy is somehow crazy for expressing their opinion.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Thanks for wasting my time, I listened to this crap expecting to hear some kind of argument and I heard no such thing. Total bore, don't waste your time people. Tubbs barely raises her voice. Maybe this is considered lively for NPR? Hah.

OP is just another person who thinks anyone that's not an Obama fanboy is somehow crazy for expressing their opinion.
I have to say that I listened to the entire 47 minutes and don't feel it was really worthwhile. I didn't learn anything new and the expectation for arguing or whatever else was left unsatisfied.