Steelcase Leap vs Herman Miller Mirra

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
i havent used the leap, but have both mirra and aeron (and humanscale freedom) at my office.. not a fan of either...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I've got a Mirra at work and I'm not overly fond of it. I'm just a sucker for simple leather office chairs.

Specific complaints with the Mirra include:

- Rubber on arms is too "grabby". If you have hairy arms like me you'll find that it tends to pull your fur.
- The handle on the right that adjusts the tilt sticks out too far and is positioned too low. I tend to put my feet under my chair and I get caught up on this.
- The edging around the seat cushion is very rigid. If you tend to lean one way or another or position your thighs in a way other than "perfect form" this edging is uncomfortable.
- I can feel the seat cushion bottom out under my thighs. I'm not a large person mind you - 6' and 165 pounds.
- Plastic seat back can be uncomfortable depending on seating position.

I'm picky though. I fidget a lot while I work. I'd never buy the chair with my own money and would much rather have a traditional leather office chair for 1/4 the price.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I am very happy with my Herman Miller Mirra. I was able to return my first chair I tested for free back to the online store without any money out of my pocket because I didn't like it.