Steam's new BS review changes, if you didn't buy directly from steam...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'm all for this too. Ballot-stuffing by handing out keys to employees, friends, etc. will now be harder.

Amazon should follow suit and only apply "verified purchaser" reviews to the star rating.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I really wonder how big a problem this really is. Like, does Ubisoft give out 10,000 keys for a game to people who will review it positively? That seems a bit far fetched.

And, who reads reviews? Especially user ones. At least professional reviews have the intelligence to tell you the bias reasons they dislike something in a game. Most user reviews are "this game sux! 1 star" or "wouldn't run on my N-Gage at more than 2FPS. Awful optimization and coded bad!"

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
I'm all for this too. Ballot-stuffing by handing out keys to employees, friends, etc. will now be harder.

Amazon should follow suit and only apply "verified purchaser" reviews to the star rating.

Well said. I'm sick and tired of paid Amazon reviews. At least some admit they got free product but I'm sure many do not. But the damage is done in that the rating is all most people look at and even searching by rating puts undeserving products up top and gives them exposure they did not earn.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
If you thought this was bad at least it's not as bad as getting sued over negative reviews.

At least steam has gone after them by removing all of their games on steam. :grinning: