Steam wishlist and free games

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Right now, I have 399 games on steam wishlist; I have gone through it several times looking for ones with mixed or negative reviews and still am at 399.

30 or so of the games are free games that I put on the wishlist as reminders; is there a way to add them to my library without actually installing them?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992200123/wishlist/

There's just so many freakin games, and even if I could play what I have already and buy my wishlist, by the time I was done there would be 20 years of more games....

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
When I do that it takes it back off the list, and if I delete local content it does as well. There a certain way to do it?

Never thought I'd see Origin surpass Steam in something but when something on Origin is on the house, you can definitely just start install then cancel and then it's there for good.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Never thought I'd see Origin surpass Steam in something but when something on Origin is on the house, you can definitely just start install then cancel and then it's there for good.
That is different. Those games are free just for a limited period of time. In those cases, Steam is the same (the game will remain in your library even after uninstall).