Discussion Steam Winter/Holiday Sale 2019

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
So don't buy their $1,000 VR. There are cheaper alternatives and by the time this game comes out, there will probably be even cheaper deals.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I got a few games during the sale, but in the end, I tried to keep most of them fairly cheap if possible. In some cases, I was able to use partial reduced bundles to help drop the cost a bit further (e.g. Pistol Whip). In some cases, I could've just used Humble Bundle's 20% off, but I'm a sad sack that also wanted some Steam emotes. My goal was to try and find some good co-op games while boosting a bit of my VR library to things other than rhythm games.

VR Games:
Skyworld
Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl
Arizona Sunshine
The Thrill of the Fight
Final Assault
Pistol Whip

Normal Games:
Shift Happens
Gris
Katana ZERO
Two Point Hospital
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Team Sonic Racing
Degrees of Separation
Unrailed

DLC:
A Hat in Time - Seal the Deal
A Hat in Time - Nyakuza Metro + Online Party
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn
Beat Saber - Panic! at the Disco Music Pack
Beat Saber - Rocket League x Monstercat Music Pack

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Not a lot of excitement here (this forum) for the sale. The last minute purchase after others:

Plague Tale, Disco Elysium, and a VR game and its sequel 'The Gallery'). Before that games like Baba is you, Noita, Train Sim World, some more FX3 pinball tables (Alien, after getting more Williams tables), a fanatical bundle, etc. Held off so far on a lot, Total Warhammer II, We Happy Few, Outer Worlds, Resident Evil 2, and more.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Not a lot of excitement here (this forum) for the sale.
As many of us have stated multiple times, we all have gigantic backlogs and aren't buying new games since we have too many as it stands. Not to mention, Steam hasn't had very good sales for the last few years. It seems it's always the same exact games with the same exact sales or maybe I just own most of the games I already want to own and I don't pay attention to the sales as closely as I did before. Either way, even the holiday events have been lackluster when compared to previous events (getting and selling trading cards for free every day made a nice profit).

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Got Divinity Original Sin 2, and RE2 Remake.

Any tips for DVO2? I got the Red Prince as main, Ifan and Lohse in my group, cant decide if I want to to keep Sebille or switch her for Fane.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Any tips for DVO2? I got the Red Prince as main, Ifan and Lohse in my group, cant decide if I want to to keep Sebille or switch her for Fane.

I kickstarted that, but haven't played much. I'd guess a choice like that is more 'what you want'.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It honestly all boils down to your playstyle. For an easy time, you'll want a well-rounded team, especially if it's your first time playing the game. So, you either get a rogue or a mage. Your choice as it can't really go wrong.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
If you want Heroes of Might and Magic 3 remastered, it's $3.75 on Steam. Note: only the original can use DLC. I'd recommend that instead, if you're picking.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, new sale up for a few days (as China gets stronger, I see more and more 'lunar new year' content - World of Tanks added it alongside 'Christmas' and 'New Year' as a theme).

Gotta say, Elder Scrolls Online base game for $7.99 offers a hell of a lot for the price.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Sheesh. Outer Worlds, $59.99; I just got it for $19.99. Epic has it on sale for $29.99, and I still had a $10 off coupon from the holiday sale.