Steam Weekend Deal: Warhammer Dawn of War 2 Gold Edition 50% off, Splinter Cell Pack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
DoW games are super fun

Campaign with a friend is great times, roll around being a bad ass mother fucker

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Damnit, bought the Splinter Cell pack and the servers are too busy to download. What sucks is that my friend bought his at the same time and he is able to download it.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
it's good to see that the fanboi circle jerk is always going strong. in particular the idiots making unfounded and false statements so they too can be one of the crowd puts the lulz squarely on your sorry ass foreheads.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
So this game was one of the reasons I bought my new Radeon and now it's giving me huge problems... What happens is, during playing, GPU usage drops to 25%, then to 2% and then to 1%. Obviously the framerate starts to tank at 25% and the game is not really playable at 2 and 1%. This happens everywhere, not only on the battlefield. Also between missions. Now, I alt-tab and go back in the game and presto - high GPU usage and buttery smooth 60FPS (v-sync + triple buffering). I'm playing at 1920x1080 on my 40" (over HDMI) with AAx4. The card ain't overheating, runs at a cool 65C. CPU runs at 50C. Clocks don't change either, just GPU usage seems to be stuck at 25%, 2% and 1%. Alt-tab fixes it for a few minutes. Now I don't want alt-tab every 3 minutes to be able to play.

My CPU is @ 3.4GHz, my GPU @ 850 / 1150. Both OCed. I also tried stock, same behavior. Running the newest Catalyst 10.6 and Windows is up-to-date.

Now, it seems people with GeFrce cards get the exact same thing. GPU usage drops to 25% and so on. So it's not an AMD / nVidia thing. Anyone encountered something like that and knows how to fix it? I don't want to alt-tab every 3 minutes :( And the game is so awesome...

EDIT: Running the Steam version, I bought the pack during the sale.

Last edited:

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I've read the same thing on the Steam forums. I know it probably doesn't help much but I don't have the same issues that other people are reporting. No slow downs with a game time between.. idk 30 mins and 3 hours.

Using a nvidia card and the 257 beta drivers.