Steam Summer Sale 2019

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Hard to beat free on your preferred platform... Went ahead and added it.

I'll get around to playing it in 4-5 years.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
It is funny everytime a sale comes up I start looking through my backlog and I'm like...jesus that game came out in 2012. I should play it sometime.

Reactions: JPB

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Eh, I just play what I feel like playing. Newer games have come out that people bought for me and I played for a few hours, but either I just wasn't into it, or the newer games have dumbed-down mechanics that just don't appeal to me anymore. For instance, I'm currently playing through Far Cry 5, and while it's more of the same, you can tell it's obviously made for consoles and that Ubisoft just stopped caring about quality and is just trying to push them out as fast as possible. It really shows how little time they spent on the actual game and it's very quickly turning into the worst Far Cry I've played so far. But I'll slog through to the end just to see how this half-assed story unfolds and probably never touch it again.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I picked up Sniper Elite 4, Surviving Mars, and Tropico 6.

As if I needed any more games. Out of the newest three games I have: Battlefield V, Metro Exodus, and Division 2, I've played played a total of two hours since I got them. I'm basically a no-game pussy these days. fml

I got Surviving Mars as well. Damn, that game is time consuming. Beating it feels like a part time job!

I've been playing Tropico 6 since the beta. That game is a time suck as well!

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
After the Steam summer sale was done and gone... Prey goes on a daily deal for $6.00 ($8.00 with all the DLC). Picked up the deluxe edition.

Glad I didn't buy it in the sale (Steam return policy not with standing).

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Quakecon sale on steam.

Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider, Doom 2016 all on sale for 6 bucks a pop. Couldn't pass it up, picked up all 3!