Steam Summer Sale 2019

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

According to many different sources, the next Steam sale starts tomorrow at its usual time. Considering I go back to work tomorrow and I highly doubt I'll have any service on location, I might have to reserve any purchases until the very end of this sale. Anyone going to be grabbing anything this time around?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

According to many different sources, the next Steam sale starts tomorrow at its usual time. Considering I go back to work tomorrow and I highly doubt I'll have any service on location, I might have to reserve any purchases until the very end of this sale. Anyone going to be grabbing anything this time around?

Maybe...depends on what gets put on sale. I have a few games in my wishlist.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'll probably get a few things. I normally budget $20 to buy things, in the last few sales I've barely spent $10. I tend to look for games hitting the under $5 mark that I feel I'll get at least a few hours of entertainment out of, and then only if I feel I'll get around to it before the Fall sale. At that price why not?

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I got right in using the client. Now I just need to find something I want.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm feeling pretty meh about this sale.

For one thing, I've built up an enormous number of games I've never even launched in my steam library (204 at the moment, rookie numbers for some, but a veritable bookshelf worth of jewel cases in the old days). I have plenty of entertainment on tap if I want it.

But what's more is like Smog, I tend to pick up games on my wishlist after they've hit roughly $5 (maybe $10.00 for titles I might really want), but pricing for software that's even several years old has been stubbornly high for a while and is not dropping as low as I would have hoped or expected.

For example, I thought Doom 2016 would take ~75% off its $20 base price to build excitement for the new Doom installment and bring it under my price cap, but its currently only a paltry 25% off and even higher than my $10 well I really want it limit. Wolfenstein TNC should really be a game with a $20 base price now, but the game is stuck at a $60 asking price with a discount that brings it down to $20, which is a bit high in my regard for a two year old single player FPS with mixed reviews.

And for the first time ever, a bunch of my wishlist is not even on sale at all.

If I'm picking up anything during this sale, it will likely be Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition (always nice to have a digital copy with all the expansions and some QOL improvements) and Batman Arkham Knight (even though I still have Origins sitting in my library, waiting to be played). But since there are no flash sales anymore, I'll wiffle and waffle until July 9th to see if I want to bite the bullet.

I've been having better luck with the Steam winter sale in recent years. I don't know if its just because I'm feeling more spendy at that time of year, if the deals are better, if its because my friends and I do a gift exchange and I end up getting games for more than I would normally pay for them, but the winter sale just *feels* better for some reason.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So, I went ahead and bought 3 hidden object games and The Room 3 because my girlfriend loves those games and we play them in the evenings on the HTPC in the living room (she stands up by the TV and excitedly points things out and I sit on the couch, drink beer, and click on the things she points at. Good fun for the whole family!) All total I spent $3.06 for 4 games. We will probably get 50+ hours of entertainment out of it, so well worth it.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
So, I missed this thread, but also have not gotten any sort of email from Steam regarding this. Normally they send out something to let people know. I typically don't load the app, I just use desktop icons to launch games.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
So, I missed this thread, but also have not gotten any sort of email from Steam regarding this. Normally they send out something to let people know. I typically don't load the app, I just use desktop icons to launch games.
I didn't get the email about items on my wishlist being on sale until this morning.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I got an e-mail saying 53 games on my wishlist were on sale on Tuesday but I haven't received any notifications since then.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Room series is a no brainer for people who like the puzzles. I'm thinking of buying pathfinder, and the dlc package but don't really want the 'imperial' package with the 'deluxe' content.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Yeah I did pick up The Room 3. I loved the previous two games and didn't realize there was a third game until this topic.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Just throwing this out there, but the Borderlands Handsome Collection is less than $3 for everything (35 items). Definitely should grab this even if you're on the fence about the Borderlands games.

Hm. I already own the main items in it, not the little cosmetic DLC much. When I load the page not logged in, it shows $5.90. When I log in it drops to $3.80 for some reason. But not under $3.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Just throwing this out there, but the Borderlands Handsome Collection is less than $3 for everything (35 items). Definitely should grab this even if you're on the fence about the Borderlands games.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/

I see $5.90. I'm wondering if the $3 price was a flash sale?

My oldest son spent 20 minutes this weekend trying to convince me to buy this (he did last week).

My issues are: I've never played a Borderlands game because the art style doesn't appeal to me. And it doesn't make sense to me that I would play the pre-sequel and the second game without first playing the first game.

But, on the surface, this appears to be a helluva deal. The amount of DLC they produced for the second game is insane......

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It says $5.90 until I view it in the Steam client then it gives the actual discount down to $2.90. Definitely not a flash sale.

As for the games, I actually played the second game before I played the first and I still went back and put over 1,000 hours in the first game after putting around 700 in the second. Total playtime is now around 1,550 for the first game and over 3,600 for the second (we aren't going to talk about TPS, though I did beat it twice). I also didn't care for the cell-shaded art style, but the game was so fun I honestly stopped caring about thirty seconds into the game.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
It says $5.90 until I view it in the Steam client then it gives the actual discount down to $2.90. Definitely not a flash sale.

Is it possible that the $2.90 price you are seeing is because they are giving you credit for pieces of the collection you already own? It shows $5.90 for me if I view it when I am not signed in.

-KeithP

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It's possible. I'm guessing it depends on how many items in that bundle you already own compared to me. I have pretty much everything that isn't cosmetic DLC for BL2 and no DLC for TPS (because it's a terrible game and 2K should be ashamed of themselves).

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
With minutes to spare...I jumped on the following:

Black Mesa (Half-Life reboot)
Wolfenstein Old Blood
Wolfenstein The New Colossus
Fallout 4 (not sure about this one...looks fun, we'll see)
Far Cry New Dawn...what's not to like about killing fundies? :p

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I bought that Borderlands Handsome Jack collection.

Damn Steam. I was making progress on my backlog too......