Steam Summer Sale 2015 Official Whatcha Gonna Buy Thread

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/paypal-confirms-that-steams-summer-sale-2015-will-begin-on-june-11th/

Paypal has leaked the date of Steam’s Summer Sale 2015. According to Paypal, Steam’s Summer Sale will start on June 11th and will last until June 21st. In other words, Steam’s Summer Sale will start in just three days, so get your wallets ready. You can find below an image from Paypal’s email (courtesy of Reddit’s Vayaconmiedo).

maxresdefault.jpg

Hoping to get Dirt 3 for Dirt Cheap :p

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I just checked and it's priced at $100.

Maybe the deal is over.

No, there is a coupon code big and large on the front page of Ebay. :) It's really for anything (once per account. Minimum $100). You can buy smaller denominations, but your total checkout has to come to $100 to use the coupon.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I wonder if hardware will be included in this sale? I wonder if hardware will ever be included in any Steam sale?

Take 10% off a pre-order for the Steam Link and I might bite....

As far as games go.....there is nothing I need now. Backlog is still huge. But I'll keep an eye out for great deals on:

Any of the D&D Enhanced editions (BG1EE, BG2EE, IWD1EE)
Metro Last Light
Singularity

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
GTA V, regardless of size of discount, as long as there is one.

LotR: Shadow of Mordor if it hits $20 for the collected edition. I doubt it will as the recently released GotY version was intended to keep its price up a little longer.

I might switch those around and just get LotR, even at $25. It's cheaper than GTA V will be and still a game I've been wanting very much to play.

I guess the sale is finally truly international since it's no longer tied to to 4th of July.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
There's nothing I REALLY want right now on steam. Maybe if they knock a decent amount off the Witcher 3 I could get it. I already own it on xbone, but I'm kind of itching to see how much better it will run on my PC. I know it doesn't make sense but...

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
There's nothing I REALLY want right now on steam. Maybe if they knock a decent amount off the Witcher 3 I could get it. I already own it on xbone, but I'm kind of itching to see how much better it will run on my PC. I know it doesn't make sense but...

Really CDKeys or GMG are both around 35-38 for Witcher 3 - but both are for GOG not Steam.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
God, my backlog just gets bigger and bigger. But I have completed a few games as of late so I can get away with purchasing a couple of titles:

LoTR: Shadow of Mordor - Will likely pick up
Cities: Skylines - I know it's not expensive now at $30 but I'm not quite sure if I want to hop back into the city building genre or not. If it gets discounted to 50% or less then I'll definitely buy it

There may be other games that catch my eye and I pick up but those are the two main ones I'm thinking about.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I've been pretty good about not buying games I know I'll never play recently. I'll probably only get some Rocksmith songs if they get included one day.

It's Not Lupus

Aug 19, 2012
Looking for DLC for Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite to go on sale. I haven't been interested in any new games lately.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Not much I really want, but I would probably pick up The Talos Principle if it gets a decent discount.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I will learn from my mistake and not by ANY early access games like last year, about %50 of the ones i bought have not been updated since them.

I will buy indie games more though, if Assault Android Cactus is on sale i grab that.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
The new games on steam seem rather lackluster.

Rust was amazing until the new updates.
Path of Exile is awesome.
Evolve turned out to be a flop.
Borderlands 2 was ok.
I bought Dishonored close to a year ago and have not even installed it.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - have not even installed it.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - have not even installed it.
Far Cry 3 - Lost interest after the first hour.
Skyrim - Lost interest rather fast.
Grim Dawn - Lost interest.

There is nothing that I really want.

For the past 6 months I have been mainly playing TF2 and Path of Exile.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
I wonder if hardware will be included in this sale? I wonder if hardware will ever be included in any Steam sale?

Take 10% off a pre-order for the Steam Link and I might bite....

As far as games go.....there is nothing I need now. Backlog is still huge. But I'll keep an eye out for great deals on:

Any of the D&D Enhanced editions (BG1EE, BG2EE, IWD1EE)
Metro Last Light
Singularity

DON'T!!!!

Also please for the love of everything that is righteous with in the world (hardly anything) let have all tell tale games at $5 or less. I need my walking dead, game of throne, the wolf among us fix. Wolf among us is still more than $5 on gog.

From what I read that the enhance edition take away a lot of the scene and dialogue of the original game. I wanted all 3 so bad then found out that it not vanilla plus better graphics, it more like a slim down version of the vanilla game. The word I'm looking for is "dumb down". Hope that help. Now i'll just deal with the horrible graphic of the original.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I've got a fairly big list now considering I've bought maybe 1-2 games combined in the past two seasonal sales.

The Witcher 3
GTA5
Wolfenstien NO/OB
Hotline Miami 2
Transistor
Alien: Isolation
The Swapper

My actual wish list is up to 24 games now but these are the top ones.