Steam Summer Sale 2012 question (Sale does not start soon so relax)

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I know the Steam Summer sale is starting in a few days (probably 6/28 based on past years).

Anyone know what's going to be on sale (I know the winter sale list was leaked about a week in advance)? Anyone have anything you'd like to see on sale?

As for me, I'm hoping (just like the Winter Sale) that some "classic" FPS games are put on sale like Medal of Honor: Airborne, or CoD2. Won't happen, but I can keep wishing.....

I'd like to see that Grimrock game put on sale, as well as that Kingdoms of Amulur game (I won't hold my breath for a Skyrim sale).

I still need to play DA:O so that would be a good sale too.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Drats, I thought there was a sale starting today! I hate you for getting my hopes up! :p

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Most the store will probably be on sale, but like any big Steam sale the real prize is the daily deals and packs.

I want to get the Amulur DLC and Arma 2 Combined Ops no matter what as long as they are at least 50% off and a good list of games I want to get if they are around 75% off. Otherwise like most Steam sales, I buy a lot of games I might not of because of a great deal and they look good or a lot of people recommend it.

I'll of course do a summer sale thread when the time comes :D

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Most the store will probably be on sale, but like any big Steam sale the real prize is the daily deals and packs.

I want to get the Amulur DLC and Arma 2 Combined Ops no matter what as long as they are at least 50% off and a good list of games I want to get if they are around 75% off. Otherwise like most Steam sales, I buy a lot of games I might not of because of a great deal and they look good or a lot of people recommend it.

I'll of course do a summer sale thread when the time comes :D

Any chance the base Amalur game is going to be on a good sale?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Any chance the base Amalur game is going to be on a good sale?

I'd say the chances are good, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Unless Valve wishes to hire me for their PR/market media I can only ever take educated guess :D

Amulur seems like one of those games that just screams daily deal though for this sale. It has been out long enough, has had a previous sale, and is probably due for a new standard price point that they will probably do like 66% off. Only thing that can throw a wrench in the plans is the whole studio shutting down and that legal mess currently, but I don't know how/if that effects them controlling the IP still currently and putting things on sale (though these sales are probably worked out a couple of months in advance anyways)

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Unless Valve wishes to hire me for their PR/market media I can only ever take educated guess :D

Based on your awesome efforts here at AT, you deserve to be on their payroll.

I've bought several games thanks specifically to your daily deal threads.

Gabe owes you.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I've still got a backlog from last summer's sale, so I'm probably not going to buy much if anything this year. I'll probably pick up Grimrock if it goes on sale, and if the Civ5+DLC pack hits $10 or less I'll bite on that, but only if Gods and Kings is discounted as well.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Can we get this thread locked and permanently removed? Will confuse so many people and get so many hopes up :(

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Based on your awesome efforts here at AT, you deserve to be on their payroll.

I've bought several games thanks specifically to your daily deal threads.

Gabe owes you.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you've found it useful :)

Plimogz

Oct 3, 2009
Hoping to finally catch The Orange Box on 66 or (hopeful gasp) 75 off... I'd love to add HL2+Episodes to my main Steam account and plop the extra Portal into the second acc. I'm building up with only kid-friendly games.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Lol. OP touched a raw nerve.

Guess so. Jeezus.....I was really hoping that someone had a leaked copy of the sales, just like the winter sale. I like to know about how much I'll spend before the sales start.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Missed Fallout 3 GOTY last sale due to Paypal shenanigans, I hope it gets 75% off for this one.

Also hoping to get RAGE for less than $10. Choplifter HD, Space Marine, Trine 2, Serious Sam 3 And The Witcher 2 for $10 or less. TDU2 for $3.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Yeah, The Witcher 2.....forgot that one.

My son reminded me that I wanted, but didn't get, Bastion too......