Steam Midweek Madness: Titan Quest Gold $5

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Bought...£2.49 for a digital copy of the best Diablo-type game since Diablo 2.

I'll donate my disks to my dad because he doesnt believe in Steam.... Sadly he loved Torchlight and refused to let me buy it for him on Steam for Christmas when it was ridiculously cheap.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I got these during the New Year's sale. Still haven't played them since I bought so many other games during the sale but I hear these are the best Diablo type game out there.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I got these during the New Year's sale. Still haven't played them since I bought so many other games during the sale but I hear these are the best Diablo type game out there.

Heh, yeah, same here. I've stopped playing KOTOR because it keeps crashing every 5 minutes and it far too annoying to stick with during that.

I have so many other games now it's overwhelming, so I end up just playing TF2.

KT

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you already have the DVD version and then install the Steam version, it will find your saves and you can play them.

I didnt get it recently, I got it as part of the THQ collectors pack this past Xmas.
Good stuff.

For those of you who think that Diablo 2 is the Alpha and the Omega of hackNslash, at least give this a try. Its only 5 bucks so you wont be out much money if you dont like it.
Shit, I'm sure most of you spend more than that on candy bars in a single day.

Jjoshua2

Mar 24, 2006
I have torchlight, but I want multiplayer. Is it this multi co-op any good if I don't have any friends who have this game? Just join random games and lvl? Kinda MMO?

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have torchlight, but I want multiplayer. Is it this multi co-op any good if I don't have any friends who have this game? Just join random games and lvl? Kinda MMO?

It's diablo 2 in the ancient world with magic, it damn near identical leveling and skills system. Same multiplayer but you can have 6 players not just 4.

I just bought it for myself and the girlfriend, we used to play D2 together all the time and got board, this will be sweet. Thanks OP!!!!!!!!

Jjoshua2

Mar 24, 2006
i've never played any other rpg games than torchlight, so I don't know what multi is like at all.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Wow i thought everyone in the world had played D2 :)

So TQ has 6 player co-op, im not sure about PK'ing, so its not massivly multiplayer unless you consider 6 massive :)

I dont really know what to compare it to if you have not played multiplayer RPG's before, maybe L4D with 6 players in a top down view and in RPG form?

look at some videos on youtube to get an idea, i find that works best when trying to get a feel for the game before buying.

Jjoshua2

Mar 24, 2006
lol, I like it. what could be more fun than l4d like that? actually my main q was if they had a lobby like l4d lol, since I won't have friends online, or if I will be disadvantaged if I don't play with the same people regularly (more so than l4d, which is minimal)

Last edited:

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I have the original game, but not the expansion pack. Looks like it is as cheap just to buy the gold than the expansion...

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
lol, I like it. what could be more fun than l4d like that? actually my main q was if they had a lobby like l4d lol, since I won't have friends online, or if I will be disadvantaged if I don't play with the same people regularly (more so than l4d, which is minimal)

There is no lobbys, its a list of servers. kinda like most FPS shooter games such as UT, you join a game in progress or start your own server. From the steam version i got over 200 servers on the list so there are tons of people playing. Kinda better this way so there is no wasting time in lobbies just pure gameplay.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
tried TQ, my first game of this type and hated it. at least i won't be wasting money on diablo 3 now.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I played an... "evaluation" copy.... of TQ a while back and enjoyed it somewhat. Never put much time into it though. Couldn't pass this up for $5. I love the Diablo clones and I've sadly blown my wad on Torchlight already.

Started up a character in TQ now and have been addicted since the get-go. I just clicked on Immortal Throne to see what was the "next step" and now realize this is what I should have been playing all along as its the original + more content with updated graphics and some game tweaks too.

I assume that the Immortal Throne storyline starts in Egypt? That is where I am at now.