Steam games not launching

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
Hi All,

Having this weird problem with all steam games - nothing is launching and I get no error messages - they just won't start. VERY strange. I can't launch anything with a desktop icon, OR the steam library interface. I don't get an error message, just nothing comes up.

Any ideas?

Posted this to the FS/FT by mistake - srry peeps.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I've gotten this a few times since they updated the steam app, try going into offline mode (found under settings).

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
I located the problem in a troublesome security program. PC Tools makes Spyware Doctor for Win 7x64. After I shut down the program completely, everything is back to normal. It looks like Spyware Dr. is more of a Win XP program. Guess that one gets kicked to the curb.

Thanks for the help.

-TG

pugh

Sep 8, 2000
install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Super Antispyware. I have always run them both while steam is open. Game also with 0 problems too. Two of the greatest programs I have used that has saved me and other client's computers.

TourGuide

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Super Antispyware. I have always run them both while steam is open. Game also with 0 problems too. Two of the greatest programs I have used that has saved me and other client's computers.

Do you use the free or paid versions of those programs. I've been scanning with malware bytes free for a while now.