Steam Daily Deals: 9/09/12 Sunday Terraria $3.39 66% off

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Green Man Gaming has a 25% off anything voucher code on their website for the next 13 hours. That seems to include pre-orders.

I'm torn between the new Hitman game or Dishonored.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Green Man Gaming has a 25% off anything voucher code on their website for the next 13 hours. That seems to include pre-orders.

I'm torn between the new Hitman game or Dishonored.

Hitman pre-order for only $33.75 :eek: Looks like a fine deal to me. Already got it from GamersGate though, I think I payed $38 for it.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
AFAIK, this game is still a buggy piece of shit, and simply isn't fun. Also, the developer is a scumbag who's been accused of plagiarism, employee mistreatment, and other shadiness six ways to Sunday. A trip to the Steam forum confirms this.

Definitely do not buy.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I was looking at Dino Beatdown. Seems kinda silly. Like the publishers honestly cant come up with anything original so they just cram themes together and push out whatever garbage they can.

Started gaming in the early 90's and I never thought I'd say this but:
We need less choice. There needs to be fewer games with higher quality instead of the mess of garbage we have now. Its getting to be like television only worse. They just keep shoving anything out the door in hopes of making a quick buck.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
We need less choice. There needs to be fewer games with higher quality instead of the mess of garbage we have now.

You're implying that quality games and garbage games don't co-exist. IMO, quality games are still being made - and probably will always be made - so just buy those ones. Ignore the garbage ones. Profit.

Saying we need "less choice" is silly, regardless of what context you put it in. Choice is good. Variety of choice is why I'm a PC gamer in the first place.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You're implying that quality games and garbage games don't co-exist. IMO, quality games are still being made - and probably will always be made - so just buy those ones. Ignore the garbage ones. Profit.

Saying we need "less choice" is silly, regardless of what context you put it in. Choice is good. Variety of choice is why I'm a PC gamer in the first place.

You cant filter out the good ones much less ignore the bad ones.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
OMG OMG OMG OMG HALF LIFE 2 SALE? THAT MUST MEAN HL3 IS COMIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

end of nerd excitement comment

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
There've been a dozen discussions on this game already; I'll summarize it all into a few sentences.

Hydrophobia Prophecy is a third person shooter/platformer that was originally an XBLA game, now ported to PC. It's very short, not very great, however it still does a few interesting things. It's not a spectacle of game design, but not really a turd either... just "ok." Certainly worth trying for only a buck and change.

Graphically it's nothing groundbreaking, although, the water effects and physics are quite impressive (I would hope as much for a game called Hydrophobia). There's lots of water involved. And stuff.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Ooh! Ooh! I love these games. Necrovision is sorta like Painkiller, but even more silly. It's a Eastern-European developed run 'n' gun FPS that takes place in World War 1 with zombies, ghosts, and the main character turns into a vampire halfway through. You use a combination of shooting and melee combat to string together combos. The game looks pretty nice, but you can certainly tell it's low-budget, and the voice acting is laughable to match. I love the forced American accent.

Fun fun games.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Ooh! Ooh! I love these games. Necrovision is sorta like Painkiller, but even more silly. It's a Eastern-European developed run 'n' gun FPS that takes place in World War 1 with zombies, ghosts, and the main character turns into a vampire halfway through. You use a combination of shooting and melee combat to string together combos. The game looks pretty nice, but you can certainly tell it's low-budget, and the voice acting is laughable to match. I love the forced American accent.

Thanks for the comment. I had no idea what this was, but I loved Painkiller.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
So I played Crysis 2 on the PS3 and actually wasn't all that impressed. It's better on the PC, right?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Well, I mean, it must control much better with mouse and keyboard.

Control sticks really only work for platformers and 3rd person shooters.

If the only thing stopping you from enjoying the game is the controls, and you believe you'd enjoy it more with a keyboard + mouse, then by all means, buy it.