Steam Daily Deals: 9/01/11 Thursday: Complete Shooter Pack $5 67% off

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I payed $50 for this game when it came out, and I don't regret it a single bit. Fantastic singleplayer FPS oozing with atmosphere and story. You also need a beast of a computer to run it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's in the news section, they are just being uber slow in updating the actual store page.

still not seeing it. this is really, really slow--even for Steam, right?

I wonder if it was yet another mistake with the the publishers?

it sounds really really cheap to me for a game that is not that old, and generally well-received.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
still not seeing it. this is really, really slow--even for Steam, right?

I wonder if it was yet another mistake with the the publishers?

it sounds really really cheap to me for a game that is not that old, and generally well-received.

It was a bit slow even for Steam. It is right now. The price is right too cause it has been on sale a few times for that price.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The price is right too cause it has been on sale a few times for that price.

Yup, I remember last years Thanksgiving sale, when it was $10. That was nine months ago, and I know it's been on sale for even cheaper since then. Also, it's a THQ game. THQ games tend to drop in price very quickly and go on sale a lot.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
just bought it for me and 2 of my friends. I had to search for it to show up. €2.5 per copy is pretty good :)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Steel Storm is the DD today.

I think this was in the latest Humble Indie Bundle as well. I say that cause I own it yet don't remember buying it?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Steel Storm is the DD today.

I think this was in the latest Humble Indie Bundle as well. I say that cause I own it yet don't remember buying it?

yep.

I played it briefly. it's kinda like Zaxxon for Commodore/Atar? I forget where one played that.

It's fun, but I like it as part of a pile of other games.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The Polynomial is good if you want an "ambient" gaming experience. Put in your own music, and relax. I listen to a lot of trance, which tends to go well with music-games like this though. Same with most electronic music.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
I'm glad I waited 'til Metro 2033 was $5. It's like 'play for 5 mins, watch cutscene for 5 mins' lol

And, I dont quite know what it is, but the whole screen seems to be.....I dunno.....like zoomed in or something. Like you don't see a whole lot of what's directly around you. Meh, could be that I'm still on a regular CRT monitor too I spose.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm glad I waited 'til Metro 2033 was $5. It's like 'play for 5 mins, watch cutscene for 5 mins' lol

And, I dont quite know what it is, but the whole screen seems to be.....I dunno.....like zoomed in or something. Like you don't see a whole lot of what's directly around you. Meh, could be that I'm still on a regular CRT monitor too I spose.

No, you're actually right. It's called FOV (field of view), and Metro 2033's FOV is actually quite bad. It sits at 55 degrees or something and you can't adjust it in-game.

You can probably fix it to make it wider, just look up "Metro 2033 FOV tweaks" or something like that. I think people have been able to change it.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I bought the previous adventure from them (Runaway), and as I posted before I've lost all my game when it comes to adventures.

I couldn't even get out of the first room. It wasn't totally my fault though - the pixel hunts were annoying. If you're not on the exact pixel the object won't show up, so it can be aggravating to hunt through cluttered rooms.

The girl was drawn nicely.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
No, you're actually right. It's called FOV (field of view), and Metro 2033's FOV is actually quite bad. It sits at 55 degrees or something and you can't adjust it in-game.

You can probably fix it to make it wider, just look up "Metro 2033 FOV tweaks" or something like that. I think people have been able to change it.

Thanx LTD!