Steam Daily Deals: 8/25/13 Sunday Castle Crashers $5.09 66% off

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Darkness II is a wild and crazy game. A run 'n' gun FPS with some cool mechanics added on top, and a surprisingly good storyline. Steam has a free demo.

I might take a look.

Sometimes linear FPS deliver the most finishable gaming experience anymore.

I remember when I bought Singularity last year (or maybe the year before) I couldn't put the thing down. Finished in about a week.

It was one of the last games I actually completed.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Magrunner: Dark Pulse - 33% off

I got a key from the developers to do a review for a website for this game.

Its a portal 1 clone, but with magnetism instead of portals. it uses UE3 and the graphics are ok. the puzzles are ok, some of them are really tough.
and the story involves Cthulhu.

it took me 10 hours to finish i think, it doesnt have multiplayer

to whoever liked the Test chamber style of gameplay of portal 1, might like this on

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I played with an earlier version. My beef is theres no way to change the level balance or XP progression, so you cant really customize the actual gameplay very much.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Who want-ah some Wang!

If I remember correctly, it was the original version of SW I played about 8+ years ago......and really like it.

I know it's only $3.60, but how good is this one?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
If I remember correctly, it was the original version of SW I played about 8+ years ago......and really like it.

I know it's only $3.60, but how good is this one?

It's the same Shadow Warrior you played and loved years ago; but now ported to the Source engine with all the expansions, plus widescreen capabilities, native mouse support, compatibility with modern OSes, and so on.

If you have Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition on Steam, it's the same idea... old DOS FPS game without the headache of running DOSBox. I picked it up a few weeks ago and it still holds up. The level design and puzzles are very unique.

Definitely worth $3.60, even if only for nostalgia. And a rare example of gun combat and sword combat combined to work well together.

Patre

May 29, 2013
It's the same Shadow Warrior you played and loved years ago; but now ported to the Source engine with all the expansions, plus widescreen capabilities, native mouse support, compatibility with modern OSes, and so on.

If you have Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition on Steam, it's the same idea... old DOS FPS game without the headache of running DOSBox. I picked it up a few weeks ago and it still holds up. The level design and puzzles are very unique.

Definitely worth $3.60, even if only for nostalgia. And a rare example of gun combat and sword combat combined to work well together.

Thanks Dankk!!

I'm in. ;)

Can you recommend any good hidden object games for a 7 year old? My little girl loves to play these and have got some from Big Fish (Farmington/some other Garden game).

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Never played shadow warrior, doesn't look that great, ancient doom-style?

The game's from 1999, if that's what you're asking.

Can you recommend any good hidden object games for a 7 year old? My little girl loves to play these and have got some from Big Fish (Farmington/some other Garden game).

I'm not an expert on those kinds of games, however, I know The Secret of Monkey Island is a very popular adventure game. She might like that.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Never played shadow warrior, doesn't look that great, ancient doom-style?

You've played Duke Nukem 3D? Expect the same only with an Asian theme - it's made with the Build engine that powered Duke 3D, Blood and Redneck Rampage.

Fun game back in the day.

Last edited:

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I just got Shadow Warrior classic for free a week or two ago. The icon is right there on my desktop.

I wish I could remember where it was, but I cant.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I really recommend that everyone get Van Helsing. Neocore games is IMO Blizzard-level in their games.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Wow, the Swapper really looks interesting, and it got great reviews.

Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, but I had never heard of this game until now.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Never even heard of The Swapper, but just watched some gameplay on YT and it looks really cool. Looks kind of like an indie, side scroller Portal.

KT

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Bought Swapper in the summer sale (you didn't monitor it 24 hours daily?) based on reviews and being like Portal, havenn't installed yet.