Steam Daily Deals: 8/25/13 Sunday Castle Crashers $5.09 66% off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemonade727

Jun 19, 2013
STALKER series is the DD today

PXRDOGt.jpg

Was disappointed to not see these on any kind of sale during the summer sale, so I'm definitely glad they're available now.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
more importantly, all of the dlc is on sale included it looks like 3 that weren't during summer as those are the only 3 I don't have :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
My first couple hours in Expeditions:

There are things to like; you pick a group, each character has personality traits that have some effect in the game, there are some interesting skills.

It has something in common with HoMM gameplay, the movement and combat.

But I'm not having that great a time in it. Part of it is some things seem pretty hard - I lose people in the group where it seems hard not to, and that's not good.

Even things like assigning rations and roles for camping - it's just not that clear what some buttons do. When I auto assign, why does it say the camp is unsafe?

It's not all that smooth in some of the UI, keeping track of where you should go for some things and such. I haven't even been able to find how to level characters yet.

So, right now I'd say 'good for an HoMM fix with a twist', but not a big recommendation.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Papo y YO is a pretty decent quick play. The puzzles are fairly interesting and the style is definitely different. It's a very short game though and is more of a statement than a protracted game.

I do like the music and bought the soundtrack along with the game a while ago.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
My first couple hours in Expeditions:

There are things to like; you pick a group, each character has personality traits that have some effect in the game, there are some interesting skills.

It has something in common with HoMM gameplay, the movement and combat.

But I'm not having that great a time in it. Part of it is some things seem pretty hard - I lose people in the group where it seems hard not to, and that's not good.

Even things like assigning rations and roles for camping - it's just not that clear what some buttons do. When I auto assign, why does it say the camp is unsafe?

It's not all that smooth in some of the UI, keeping track of where you should go for some things and such. I haven't even been able to find how to level characters yet.

So, right now I'd say 'good for an HoMM fix with a twist', but not a big recommendation.

Put your cursor over the row of numbers listed for each character. Wait for the tooltip to explain what each number represents. Choose the camp activity for each character based on the highest of the 5 numbers, unless you need to preserve meat. What I've found is each character can preserve two portions of meat a night. So, if you have a lot of meat that you want to change to rations you need to assign enough characters to do it. Otherwise, the meat will spoil.

This assumes that you have no one injured, of course.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you didnt get the Fallouts during their super sale last month then I dont know why you'd settle for 25 percent off now.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
If you didnt get the Fallouts during their super sale last month then I dont know why you'd settle for 25 percent off now.

They're only 25% off because they're not on a daily deal yet. Just give it a couple days and it will probably be 75%.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
New weeklong deals

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11113/

Flatout - 75% off, $1.87
Flatout 2 - 75% off, $2.49
Flatout Ultimate Carnage - 75% off, $4.99
Flatout 3 - 75% off, $7.49
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals - 75% off, $1.24

I highly recommend Flatout UC. Easily the best offroad racing/derby game ever made.

Nikopol is a great adventure title for a buck and change. Great storyline, environment, and atmosphere, although the puzzles are pretty obtuse.

Is Flatout UC substantially different from FO 1&2?

I bought 1&2 a while ago, and they were fun, but if FO:UC is more of the same I'll probably pass. If it's an upgrade I might go for it.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Is Flatout UC substantially different from FO 1&2?

I bought 1&2 a while ago, and they were fun, but if FO:UC is more of the same I'll probably pass. If it's an upgrade I might go for it.

FO:UC is nearly identical to FO2, but with better graphics, better multiplayer, and better controller support. It's like FO2: enhanced edition.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Darkness II is a wild and crazy game. A run 'n' gun FPS with some cool mechanics added on top, and a surprisingly good storyline. Steam has a free demo.