Steam Daily Deals: 6/20/11 Monday Overlord 2 $2.50 75% off

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
It's the PC version of IL-2: Birds of Prey. Arcade flight shooter. Looks pretty but definitely not as good as previous IL-2 entries IMO. I have the PS3 version. It's a pretty short game. I guess $7.50 isn't bad.

Be careful with this one. I'm pretty sure it still uses Ubisoft's horrendous always-online DRM.

By "not as good" do you really mean "not as hardcore"? Because I'd be more interested in a less hardcore flight sim since I don't have a joystick, just a controller.

Eh, probably won't get it anyway.

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
I heard it's ok. Not as good as Uplink though.

I have the original Hacker: Evolution, but just can't get into it. The Unix-y CLI embedded into the game UI is hard to stare at on a larger screen and is just uncomfortable compared to Uplink.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
YES. Get it. $5 is a screaming deal for a game with this much depth, and arguably one of the best turn-based strategy games out there.

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
So do the daily deals not show up in the specials tab in the store? Or is that just a mistake for Civ IV not being there?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
So do the daily deals not show up in the specials tab in the store? Or is that just a mistake for Civ IV not being there?

I have no idea, I think they are suppose too. But there is the Daily Deal window right there anyways.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
So they're all different? Wow, I thought it was like the other DLC stuff where there is one main game you play and the add-ons just adds to the game.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Seeing the Zuma deal made me hanker for some arcade action. I still have my code for the original Zuma lying around somewhere.

To those who have played both: Should I get the new Zuma, or should I just try to find my old code instead? I've read some lukewarm reviews of Zuma deluxe.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Zuma for $5 is a pretty good deal. I'm not even really into "casual" games, but hell, anything that PopCap develops is addictive no matter who you are.

Nox51

Jul 4, 2009
It looks pretty cool. I just can't justify another game that I'm too busy to play.

Has a demo too, look at that.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops? This game was seriously JUST released a month or two ago, and it's already 75% off. That can't be a good sign.

Also, it has a metascore of 36.

Yeah... I wouldn't touch this one with a 10-foot pole.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Was released on April 5th according to Steam.

It looks like Bloom central.

As you pointed out the meta score, for users and reviewers are both downright horrible.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Somehow the name made me think it was some anime style turn-based tactics game with cards. Looking at it closer... I wish it was.

I guess I had some crossed neurons with "Shadow Hearts Covenant" and "Phantom Brave."