Steam Daily Deals: 6/20/11 Monday Overlord 2 $2.50 75% off

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I can also vouch for VVVVVV. Awesome game, worth much more than $2.50.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Dammit dammit dammit! Stop putting great sales on awesome games that I already own! :(

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Hell I'm happy, more money to spend on the Summer Sale :D

Ugh...I still have games from last summers sale I haven't played yet.

I wonder if Valve would be interested in setting up a payroll deduction plan for Steam? Just take $10 each period from my check and add it to my account balance. Guilt free gaming!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Heard good things about this. It's 3 versions old but should be worth 2.50, right?

queequeg99

Oct 17, 2001
Dirt is the DD today.

In case you click through the purchasing pages too quickly, there is a warning that this game is not compatible with Windows 7. A google search shows that there are some ways to get it working with Windows 7. For $2.50, I'm taking a chance that I can get it to work.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Yes, DiRT is totally worth $2.50. In some regards it's actually better than DiRT 2, simply because of the variety of tracks, heavier emphasis on rally, and less of the cheesy "X-GAMES" feel to it. (I haven't played 3 yet.) Get it if you don't have it.

In case you click through the purchasing pages too quickly, there is a warning that this game is not compatible with Windows 7. A google search shows that there are some ways to get it working with Windows 7. For $2.50, I'm taking a chance that I can get it to work.
I'm able to run it on Win 7 quite flawlessly, no tweaks required. I think Steam says "Not compatible with Windows 7" on some older games just to cover their asses in case it really doesn't. DiRT works fine though.

I've heard some things about it not utilizing multiple cores, or something like that, but it's an easy fix.

Last edited:

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I've been waiting for Dirt to go on sale. Definitely a less arcadey rally game.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Ok...I bit. I liked Dirt 2 and this will help until Dirt 3 comes down in price...not that I think I'll play this sometime soon.

I've been waiting for Dirt to go on sale. Definitely a less arcadey rally game.

Less arcadey than Dirt 2? dammit.

Also, 10+GB? how come it's bigger than Dirt 2?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Also, 10+GB? how come it's bigger than Dirt 2?

It's probably because of the larger variety of maps. Like I said, having owned both games, DiRT 2 actually recycles a lot of the same tracks. DiRT, on the other hand, is much more diverse (which I really like).

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
It's probably because of the larger variety of maps. Like I said, having owned both games, DiRT 2 actually recycles a lot of the same tracks. DiRT, on the other hand, is much more diverse (which I really like).
Right. I really like that it has more rally events than truck races, like you said. Plus no bullshit Dirt 2 menus. I feel I got my money's worth :)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
World of Goo! Another no-brainer. Fantastic game. It's not exactly new - released a few years ago actually - so even if you don't have it, chances are you've probably heard about how good it is.

Steam has a demo of it as well. Check it out.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Wings of Prey today.

It's the PC version of IL-2: Birds of Prey. Arcade flight shooter. Looks pretty but definitely not as good as previous IL-2 entries IMO. I have the PS3 version. It's a pretty short game. I guess $7.50 isn't bad.

Be careful with this one. I'm pretty sure it still uses Ubisoft's horrendous always-online DRM.