Steam Daily Deals:2/05/12 Sunday: Shatter $3.39 66% off

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
huh, what is that game? Is there a colon missing?
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
or
Steel Storm Burning: Retribution
or maybe a new one:
Steel Storm: Burning: Retribution
:rolleyes:

you can type any of those in on google and it'll bring you to the same page. Me thinks you're just being a douche.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
you can type any of those in on google and it'll bring you to the same page. Me thinks you're just being a douche.

oh excuuuse me for trying to make something humorous of the standard Blank:Blank game titles scheme. I apparently failed

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
oh excuuuse me for trying to make something humorous of the standard Blank:Blank game titles scheme. I apparently failed

It came off as you trying to give me shit for not having the colon in there. At least that is how I perceived it.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
It came off as you trying to give me shit for not having the colon in there. At least that is how I perceived it.
Sorry.
I meant did the developer of the game leave out the colon. I have no idea what the game is, only that it's title is hilariously generic

Your deal threads are amazing! Can't live without them since the work firewall block Steam, but not AT.
So, apologies:oops:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sorry.
I meant did the developer of the game leave out the colon. I have no idea what the game is, only that it's title is hilariously generic

Your deal threads are amazing! Can't live without them since the work firewall block Steam, but not AT.
So, apologies:oops:

No worries, simple misunderstanding :)

The actual title of the game is Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

I usually just ignore colon's because I am lazy and people will know what the title is still :D

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Ooh! I like this game. Sort of a "poor man's Katamari" if you will, but still really enjoyable IMO.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I have a 25% off paradox coupon, anyone know if that works on the sale price?

Well, you can try it, no? ;) Just add the game to your cart, go to checkout, and it will let you know if you can use a coupon before actually buying.

(Hint: Yes, coupons do stack)

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Well, you can try it, no? ;) Just add the game to your cart, go to checkout, and it will let you know if you can use a coupon before actually buying.

(Hint: Yes, coupons do stack)

yeah should probably have mentioned; at work where "games" are blocked.. So can't try it, that's why I asked. But realized it would save me $1.5 or something, so who cares:D

After running England into economic collapse in EU3 I now feel like I should do the same in the 1800s. For $7 why not!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I tried it and it was a really boring generic shooter. What's so "awesome" about it besides you have jetpacks and robotic looking armor?

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Section 8 was one of the games I waffled on during the SteamSale; I need to stop waffling on $3 games.

history1449.png

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I tried it and it was a really boring generic shooter. What's so "awesome" about it besides you have jetpacks and robotic looking armor?

It's a perfect mixture of Tribes and Battlefield? Heavy mechs and tanks? Killzone-inspired randomly generated missions in multiplayer? Huge maps? Extremely tight and well-designed gameplay? The fact that it's ridiculously cheap?

I should also maybe take back what I said earlier. Totalbiscuit is a huge fan of Section 8: Prejudice, and since he's realized that it's such a criminally-ignored game, he actually started his own dedicated server and made a slew of videos related to the game. There's actually a good chance you'll find some people playing online now. Also, Section 8 actually uses very good AI-bots to fill up empty slots so the servers don't feel so empty.

Watch: Section 8: Prejudice - This is why we can't have nice things, as well as these two other gameplay videos.